Help With Modular Reaktor Setup
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 25-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
mlvesecky
Minor Glitch
mlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MCmlvesecky is a savage MC
Burlington, Vermont
MC Status: 2064151
Help With Modular Reaktor Setup

Hello, I've recently started really learning how to use reaktor after about a year of scratching my head over it and skimming the manuals. I figure the best way for me to get about really using it is to create my own modular synth environment loosely based on hardware modules. I was looking through the user library and found a band limited core oscillator [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
threw it in reaktor and tested it out, sounds great! move on the my next step the envelopes. This is where I started running into problems. These oscillators do not have an audio input like the core reaktor modules do, they just emit a constant signal, so I tried making a vca with a mixer and and envelope, multiplying the signals together like the manual said in the envelope section, but I just get a red x on the output. What is a good way of going about this? how do I build an amplifier that returns to zero when the envelope ends? or do I do something to the oscillators to gate them from the beginning like the normal reaktor oscillators?

Advertisements

mlvesecky is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
RadarJammer
Re: Help With Modular Reaktor Setup

If you would like to post the zipped ens it might be easier to take a peek and show by example.
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
RadarJammer
Re: Help With Modular Reaktor Setup

Well here it is anyway, take note that when there is a red X you should right click the connected modules and see if "mono" is checked or unchecked and try checking or unchecking the culprits. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

edit: I added a cool filter envelope for fun and re-uploaded

edit2: reuploaded again, fixed some values and added a hi pass which is useful for making white noise perc, this thing uses a bit of CPU but it sounds really good.

edit3: cleaned it up a bit and uploaded one last time, all done.

Last edited by RadarJammer; 26-01-2012 at 02:50 PM..

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote