Reaktor Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, etc... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 23-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #21
simioliolio
simioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MC
south london
MC Status: 172301
Re: Reaktor Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, etc...

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

reaktor is a very flexible programming environment. in reaktor 5, the introduction of arrays in core are extremely versatile. you would have to program a patch which will accept incoming audio and write it into an array (like a lookup table), then when you perform a stop action, incoming audio is not written into the array, but the array is played from the beginning. for recording, you use a clock which counts up from 1 to n, where n=number of samples in your loop, and feed this to a 'write 'module that sets the writting position for the array, and applies the present sample value to that position, then when you hit "stop", this same (or similar) clock can be applied to a 'read' module, and the array will be read in the same way as it was recorded. this can be easily looped, and then you can use a duplicate of this setup to record other loops, except this time the length of the loop is triggered by the original looper, to keep everything in sync.
it is also not difficult to create a 'beat clock', where everything can be sync'ed to a bpm. In the reaktor documentation, there is a great tutorial that explains the function of arrays very well, and it works through the steps for making an audio delay by writting incoming audio, and offsetting the read process by a certain amount.
This is most likely to make little sense to you now, but it is definitely possible to ceate your won looping environment as long as you have the time and patience to learn reaktor fundamentals, extra patience to understand why it isnt doing what you are telling it to do (!), and commitment to reach a goal. This would actually make a very good introductary project for a new reaktor programmer, and once you have a general understanding, the number of sample manipulation possibilities will be endless!
i will be making a looper for a patch i am working on soon, and if I am not hurried, i could make a tutorial for it.

Advertisements

simioliolio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: madlib
Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #22
alistair blunt
Learning The Ropes
alistair blunt is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

does anybody have the Exile Keymasher Micro ensamble?
i'd like to study it
thx
ab
alistair blunt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #23
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280999
Thanked 1,169 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistair blunt View Post
does anybody have the Exile Keymasher Micro ensamble?
i'd like to study it
thx
ab
Probably been mentioned before, but you can find it on the Native Instruments site.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #24
einmeier
Granular Poster
einmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
Probably been mentioned before, but you can find it on the Native Instruments site.
Just check the NI-Forum, the .ens is attached to several different Postings and Threads and it's also been discussed and explained. Also the user library contains a few ensembles already containing the basic macro of Exile, abusing it to mangle Sounds in a pretty way.
einmeier is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #25
ronnie
Regular Freak
ronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MCronnie is a savage MC
MC Status: 162198

It's available here [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

you'll need to login to see the download link
ronnie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #26
deltaforce
Learning The Ropes
deltaforce is currently spamming hard

please upload reaktor 5 default emsembles ... ( junatik , carbon2 etc.. ) please .. thanks
deltaforce is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,439 Times in 1,899 Posts

9_9
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #28
einmeier
Granular Poster
einmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaforce View Post
please upload reaktor 5 default emsembles ... ( junatik , carbon2 etc.. ) please .. thanks
eeerm. i'm afraid, this won't work. as a legal purchaser of reaktor5 you'll get the complete reaktor4- and reaktor5-library, so these ensembles and instruments are still under the copyright of NI, so any kind of upload of these ensembles you'd request might have pretty unnice consequences for the uploader. even if you're a student and can't afford an 'expensive' product like that you can still try to grab a 'used' copy somewhere and ask NI to transfer the license. don't forget, you'll also get access to the _massive_ ni-user-library with 2.000+ wicked, strange, funny, useful, experimental, nice, weird, awesome instruments, sample-engines, drumcomputers, synthesizers, sequencers, sequences synthesizers, effects & more you can spend MONTHS with just by browsing thru tenthousands of already existing presets. and imagine, with a lil' learning curve you can easily and quickly tweak _each_ one the way you love and like.
einmeier is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #29
adam bee
Learning The Ropes
adam bee will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 88

You can get second hand reaktor 4 quite easily. I actually started on a second hand reaktor 3 and informed NI of a change of license and upgraded from there. The NI on line library is alright but to be honest the best way to get into reaktor is to learn it.
adam bee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #30
~Pd~
Learning The Ropes
~Pd~ will become famous soon enough
Montreal
MC Status: 82

I'm starting a tutorial series on granular synthesis on my Reaktor blog. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. I'll be posting part two of the tutorial later this week, which will feature an instructional PDF explaining the structure, and improvements and upgrades as I add them to the instrument.

For starters, download the basic instrument and have a go at playing it. Dig in and see what you can understand. Anyone who's at all familiar with Reaktor should be able to make sense of it. If you can't, post a question on the blog.

Last edited by ~Pd~; 27-01-2008 at 05:16 PM..
~Pd~ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #31
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744025841
Thanked 7,168 Times in 4,461 Posts

Ok, so i went away and amused myself in other ways for a year, but now i`d like to try some MIDI out of Reaktor again...

I`ve already tried all the obvious possible solutions such as the general setup and the in/out tabs but still no joy.

Does anyone feel like trying to help me get the Life engine to run into my Nord?
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #32
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744025841
Thanked 7,168 Times in 4,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveldt View Post
Ok, so i went away and amused myself in other ways for a year, but now i`d like to try some MIDI out of Reaktor again...

I`ve already tried all the obvious possible solutions such as the general setup and the in/out tabs but still no joy.

Does anyone feel like trying to help me get the Life engine to run into my Nord?
Well i got bored of waiting and went and had a look myself again.

In the version of Newskool i have there didn`t seem to be a MIDI out module in either the Life model sequencer or the Newskool synth engine...?

Is that the same for everyone?
Isn`t that weird?
How come i got an EXT.MIDI option in the tab section then...?
Is this a bug?

Anyway,I figured out where the pitch and gate went and dropped a module in and connected it up - it worked first time.
Now i have Newskool doing beat-type stuff and my Nord singing along in sync and quite content.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #33
adam bee
Learning The Ropes
adam bee will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 88

That's mental mate. I will do the same promplty. Thanks for the tip Sveldt and have an extra MC status point from me. You little diamond.
adam bee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #34
ShinigamiSan
Learning The Ropes
ShinigamiSan is currently spamming hard

i'm trying to find some patches for reaktor of max. to be honest i'm novice on them especially max. sorry to enter so "Violently" but here i' don't have permanent internet connection, so I just have to go speed!
sorry again for not respecting the rules...
ShinigamiSan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: quaristice Ae
Old 07-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #35
Edith_N
Learning The Ropes
Edith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MCEdith_N is a savage MC
OAKLAND
MC Status: 26952

Perhaps someone can give me a hand...we all know the nifty X,Y grid for mousing around third party software in ableton. how does one apply several of these grids to one machine...eliminating the need to have more than one instance of reaktor running...just thought it would be sleek to consolidate my patches but i love the versatility of those X,Y grids...esp. fr track pad dj stylez. any help would be appreciated.

uhh...kind of an ableton question but... could always throw some grids on the reaktor patch and control them there, i guess...

:2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1:
Edith_N is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: DJ CRACKHOUSE
Old 27-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #36
mariovc21
Learning The Ropes
mariovc21 is currently spamming hard

Hi,

I have reaktor 5 but i can't open this program!

when i try to open the reaktor, say me : your authorization is invalid, please use the registration tool in the aplication folder to register reaktor 5. :s

but i open the registration tool, and i dont know what is the authorization key :s

please boys tell me what do i want, because before i used the reaktr 5 without problems.

i wait an answers soon

thanks!!!!!
mariovc21 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #37
drumcode
Soundscaper
drumcode will become famous soon enoughdrumcode will become famous soon enough
Hell
MC Status: 126

well, when you buy it they provide you with serial number that is on the box. You use that serial number to enter in the registration tool. After that you connect online and the application will automatically send out the info to Native Instruments who in turn will generate and authorization code for you which you enter in the Authorization code field. Now, if you're asking about illegal copies then this is the WRONG place to ask and you should get familiar with the rules of the forum before you get banned
drumcode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #38
lecter
Learning The Ropes
lecter is currently spamming hard

Im new to Reaktor,and Im trying to set up the SQP sequencer for controlling Vsts other than Reaktor, but its not working.

I tried to control even a synth inside Reaktor but im not able to do so. I create the SQP, then hook its internal Midi Out to a synth within Reaktor,hit the Run button in SQP but nothing happens....

Any help?
lecter is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #39
sijarvis
Learning The Ropes
sijarvis is currently spamming hard

Hi guys (and in the unlikely event of there being any).....girls!!

I've only just joined this forum and therefore cannot read any posts for 24 hrs, so thought i'd introduce myself seeing as it was suggested I do so by some automessage I received.

Well, I'm here to learn all things Reaktor. I've had R5 for well over a year now and have worked through the tutorials and understand the very basics.

Whilst this is a start, it's also a bit too basic, building slight variations on emulated analogue synths isn't really doing it for me. Afterall, you can download plenty of these off the Reaktor users library so what's the point. Also, I own Absynth and Massive, so it's hardly worth my while trying to outbuild them.

What I would like to do is to learn more about each component in the arsenal of tools, with suggestions of how to link them together to make new and interesting instruments.

I would also like to learn more about core, though I take it this should be approached slowly otherwise I'll probably end up giving up out of frustration.

Also, if there's anyone out there making tutorials with screen capture software please let me know what you're doing. I would be most interested in tutorials aimed at the beginner to intermediate user wanting to take their understanding up one or two notches.

If there are any higher level users who already make screen capture tutorials, would they be interested in making a series of tutorials going into various aspects of instrument design: Oscillators; Filters; Mixers; Envelopes; Effects; Sequencers etc.

Also, if anyone has reverse engineered any of the supplied Reaktor ensembles, would they be interested in making some screen captured tutorials explaining the workings of each individual module and macro?

I realise this is a lot of requests but you've got to ask or you never find out.

Here's hoping..........
sijarvis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: a vacuum cleaner drowning out a television with a couple of parrots interjecting.
Old 26-01-2009, 05:01 AM   #40
flashrg
Learning The Ropes
flashrg is currently spamming hard

Thanks for all the posts!! These are huge for folks trying to get deeper in to Reaktor

Advertisements

flashrg is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote