Autechre Max/Msp & Reaktor Patches - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 21-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #21
tanaka_san
Learning The Ropes
tanaka_san is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Autechre Max/Msp & Reaktor Patches

Cool stuff...

Advertisements

tanaka_san is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #22
Delinquent Dialect
Sample Destroyer
Delinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MC
Unregistered's music is self indulgent nonesense!
MC Status: 25172146

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirric View Post
yeah, man it seems there are a good number of reaktor users here (go figure), but i'm going the max/msp route, cause its supposed to be more eliter. i mean, just look at the autechre patch screens ... :schwing:

you'll have to post a link to your site when you get it up

SuperCollider is even more Elite
Delinquent Dialect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #23
cirric
Deep Underground
cirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MC
SF
MC Status: 7104577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delinquent Dialect View Post
SuperCollider is even more Elite
Oh yes, I've played around with SC a bit, gotta make some time soon to really get into it. What would be the most 1337-est should be a generative sequencer in max with your instruments in SC.

Anyway, SC looks better for actually making your own synths, ya know?

------------------
bandcamp | soundcloud | tumblr | twitter

Like my facebook page for a free album code.
cirric is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 06:32 AM   #24
Luka
Minor Glitch
Luka is a jewel in the roughLuka is a jewel in the roughLuka is a jewel in the roughLuka is a jewel in the rough
melb
MC Status: 327

good luck cirric
i wish i could go so deep in code
i was talking with a friend who is a programmer to help him build some supercollider instruments
as my background is more to do with maths/physics and specifically matrix manipulation
i can code html thats about it
we sorta never got to it as he smokes a tonne of pot and i always have my head in a crate of records or behind a soldering iron

would love to see some of the things you build
Luka is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: aardvark - cult copy
Old 27-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #25
almosthuman
almosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improve
MA
MC Status: -21254559

I'd use SuperCollider, but it's a bitch to figure out, and the further you get away from mac, the harder it is to set up. (I don't have a mac)

Mac SC: fine
Linux SC: annoying
Windows SC: *dies*

However, if you're into the whole MaxMsp/Reaktor/PD/SuperCollider scene, try PureDyne. It's a great bootable linux distro with some sweet apps, including PD, Hydrogen, SuperCollider, CSound, Ardour, Audacity, ect...

------------------
SoundCloud
MySpace

Thanks for the negative rep, douchebags!
almosthuman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #26
cirric
Deep Underground
cirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MC
SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka View Post
good luck cirric
i wish i could go so deep in code
i was talking with a friend who is a programmer to help him build some supercollider instruments
as my background is more to do with maths/physics and specifically matrix manipulation
i can code html thats about it
we sorta never got to it as he smokes a tonne of pot and i always have my head in a crate of records or behind a soldering iron

would love to see some of the things you build
yeah i haven't gotten around to doing anything substantial with SC yet. i really should stay with my modular stuff for now since ive already got that going. but yeah, being a programmer is me day job, so a lot of programming stuff i'm very familiar with. ive got more of a hard-on for analog of late anyway

oh yeah, ordered my PCB's for my oakley modules, gonna actually try n save the boards and put together copies on perfboard using just the schematics, partially to give myself experience making clones where there are no PCB's to be bought

have the idea kicking around in my head to do an arp2600 clone, sooome day

------------------

Old 27-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #27
cirric
Deep Underground
SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by almosthuman View Post
I'd use SuperCollider, but it's a bitch to figure out, and the further you get away from mac, the harder it is to set up. (I don't have a mac)

Mac SC: fine
Linux SC: annoying
Windows SC: *dies*

However, if you're into the whole MaxMsp/Reaktor/PD/SuperCollider scene, try PureDyne. It's a great bootable linux distro with some sweet apps, including PD, Hydrogen, SuperCollider, CSound, Ardour, Audacity, ect...
yeah that sounds like a very interesting setup right there

------------------

Old 27-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #28
Electrica
Regular Freak
Electrica is a glorious beacon of lightElectrica is a glorious beacon of lightElectrica is a glorious beacon of lightElectrica is a glorious beacon of lightElectrica is a glorious beacon of lightElectrica is a glorious beacon of light
Amsterdam
MC Status: 513

Can't download this "fullonchichlishit .ens" ensemble anymore
Anyone has it ? Can anyone share it with me ? Love 2 check it out

Thanxx in advance...
Electrica is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #29
Luka
Minor Glitch
Luka is a jewel in the roughLuka is a jewel in the roughLuka is a jewel in the roughLuka is a jewel in the rough
melb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirric View Post
yeah i haven't gotten around to doing anything substantial with SC yet. i really should stay with my modular stuff for now since ive already got that going. but yeah, being a programmer is me day job, so a lot of programming stuff i'm very familiar with. ive got more of a hard-on for analog of late anyway

oh yeah, ordered my PCB's for my oakley modules, gonna actually try n save the boards and put together copies on perfboard using just the schematics, partially to give myself experience making clones where there are no PCB's to be bought

have the idea kicking around in my head to do an arp2600 clone, sooome day
yeah good idea
im going to stick to my modular and bits too

and good idea on the perf board. i was considering that myself after just destroying a few of my pcb with some careless wiring.
Old 28-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #30
cirric
Deep Underground
SF

yeah thankfully though ive got some time now with my commute by train to read my max book and fiddle around with max or SC for a couple hours every day now

i used to fucking drive essentially mentally vegging out for an hour, wasting precious saudi political capital every day

------------------

Old 28-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #31
Gusjdt
Minor Glitch
Gusjdt is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 29

What book is that you're reading Cirric? I ordered this a few days ago. Should be here soon, cant wait.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Gusjdt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 05:36 AM   #32
cirric
Deep Underground
SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusjdt View Post
What book is that you're reading Cirric? I ordered this a few days ago. Should be here soon, cant wait.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
yes .. that's the one! pretty much the only book on max on amazon, huh? anyway it does provide a nice kind of top-down overview of max that the standard tutorial doesn't cover as well or thoroughly, so yeah so far its been very worthwhile reading

------------------

Old 29-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #33
Gusjdt
Minor Glitch

Does it cover in detail ideas on interactive installations? What does it mainly focus on?
Old 29-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #34
cirric
Deep Underground
SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusjdt View Post
Does it cover in detail ideas on interactive installations? What does it mainly focus on?
well maybe, i haven't got to the later chapters, so far it's been like an in-depth overview of max programming ... which is better organized than the tutorial so that in itsself is good. i have a much better feel for what im doing now in max, thanks to what ive read so far

im sure there must be more later on in the book about how to get patches to respond to various external stimuli too though, hence the interactive

------------------

Old 30-08-2007, 01:34 AM   #35
Gusjdt
Minor Glitch

Right. Sounds good
Old 30-08-2007, 02:23 AM   #36
Luka
Minor Glitch
melb

ive gone through the max tutorials, well most
im a little curios how poeple are using the program to design their wares
cirric, or other max users, do you approach max like your developing software and plan out everything you are about to build, or are you just building base elements and then experimenting with flow to see what you can come up with?
Currently Listening To: RA.063 Ben Klock - 2007.07.23
Old 30-08-2007, 04:36 AM   #37
almosthuman
almosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improve
MA
MC Status: -21254559

Most of the time I have a basic idea of what I'm trying to do in Max. Sometimes I'm just thinking: "I'm going to makes something granular," or, "I'm going to screw with FM." Other times I actually set up projects for myself, but if it's more involved than a Pluggo VST, then I probably never finish it, or it turns into something else. A decent amount of the time I actually find myself 'glitching out' my old patches, such as randomizing the playback of my granular time-stretching patch and making buzzy pads.

Also, has anyone had any success with granular distortion in Max/Msp? I'm not really sure on how to do it in the sample domain (like Geometer), and skewing grains slightly via +~ and the rand~ object sounds like the wrong kind of pain.

------------------
SoundCloud
MySpace

Thanks for the negative rep, douchebags!
almosthuman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 06:18 AM   #38
cirric
Deep Underground
SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka View Post
ive gone through the max tutorials, well most
im a little curios how poeple are using the program to design their wares
cirric, or other max users, do you approach max like your developing software and plan out everything you are about to build, or are you just building base elements and then experimenting with flow to see what you can come up with?
yeah, im really not at the point where i can say, "yeah ok im gonna build this more or less exactly this way", theres still a lot to be discovered ... at this point for me, i'd think having a rigid mindset is just likely to be stubbornly naive ... rather, ill be like "oh maybe ill try this ... no thats crap ... or shit why didn't i think of doing this earlier!"

actually just tonight i was messing with this FM "envelope looper" patch and ended up adding midi controllers i'd never thought i would. the result is the ability to use midi controller envelopes to create interesting circuit-bent sounding rhythmic loops, and with a good amount of deterministic control and patch saving

i have vague plans to make a sampler cross-synthesis looper too using pfft~, with similar midi controls to the FM one, that should be interesting but as of yet im not sure how the hell im gonna do it, or what it'll sound like.

and maybe, if i knew exactly what i was going to do, the idea would probably be a well worn cliche

------------------

Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 AM   #39
rameshbalikrishnan
Learning The Ropes
rameshbalikrishnan is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

awesome
rameshbalikrishnan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: ringing ears
Old 15-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #40
trouc