Max & Lemur OSC problem
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
aerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MC
the great white north
MC Status: 10122944
Max & Lemur OSC problem

Hey all,

I'm having an issue sending OSC from max to the lemur, however i have no problem at all getting OSC into max from the lemur.

my outgoing messages to the Lemur prepend the object name 'prepend MasterFader01/x', then send this directly to my udp send object, with the LEMUR's IP and port 8000 as my arguements in the UDP send box. but nothing on the other end in lemur is getting these messages back?

any help/tips/advise would be grand.
thanks everyone!

Advertisements

aerodynamiks is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Divercity
Red Gains signifies POWER
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC
MC Status: 109299477
Re: Max & Lemur OSC problem

Random question. Are you by any chance using MU with MSP?

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Divercity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
aerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MC
the great white north

no, sorry, i've never used MU.

Edit*
i wasn't even sure what MU was until you mentioned it above and I searched it, but i see it's a Lemur controller for Ableton.
however, it appears to not address my issue, because i've built my own collection of max devices to work in ableton, and I would like to directly control these devices with dedicated templates in Lemur. kind-of with a heirarchial level of program through the Lemur templates/tabs.

however, rep to you for introducing me to MU, because I have been approaching the stage in my project where I require a good ableton interface for Lemur, and MU appears to do just that!

Last edited by aerodynamiks; 07-02-2012 at 04:50 PM..
Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Divercity
Red Gains signifies POWER
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC
MC Status: 109299477

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodynamiks View Post
no, sorry, i've never used MU.

Edit*
i wasn't even sure what MU was until you mentioned it above and I searched it, but i see it's a Lemur controller for Ableton.
however, it appears to not address my issue, because i've built my own collection of max devices to work in ableton, and I would like to directly control these devices with dedicated templates in Lemur. kind-of with a heirarchial level of program through the Lemur templates/tabs.

however, rep to you for introducing me to MU, because I have been approaching the stage in my project where I require a good ableton interface for Lemur, and MU appears to do just that!
OK cool.

Are you running any additional Midi software for the lemur? such as midiyoke etc.

I find that really weird if you have the correct IP and port and yet you can't send any info? Also check your midi information under live under the device's

Last edited by Divercity; 07-02-2012 at 07:59 PM..

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Divercity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
the great white north

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divercity View Post
OK cool.

Are you running any additional Midi software for the lemur? such as midiyoke etc.

I find that really weird if you have the correct IP and port and yet you can't send any info? Also check your midi information under live under the device's

no, i'm not using any midi software with the Lemur. Lemur is connected via ad-hoc wifi, and the Lemur Daemon handles the midi i/o, but i'm not using midi at all, completely OSC communication.

the OSC arrives into max fine, and properly allows me to control my faders or knobs in my max patch from the Lemur, it's only the 'bi-directional' part that isn't working.

i have prepended the precise names of the objects from Lemur, and testing shows the value is being sent at least as far as my udpsend object within my patch.

i'm sending and receiving on port 8000, which I believe is how it should be.
it kinda sucks that there's no manual to read for this. i have yet to find any literature from max regarding osc, and the literature in the lemur manual is pretty vague, and only seems to explain sending osc, not receiving it.

eventually i'll figure out some blatantly obvious reason why it's not working, but i've been scouring my logic for 2 days now trying to figure this out with no luck, so for now, trial & error it is!

i appreciate your help though!

Advertisements