MPK Laptop mini programming
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 28-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #1
CowboySaluki
Radial Developer
CowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud of
Chicago/Tulsa
MC Status: 1279
MPK Laptop mini programming

Hi everyone, please forgive me if this is the wrong spot for this to be in. For Christmas i got an Akai MPK Mini. Its a fun lil piece of equipment. My only thing im having issues with is that whenever I try and use the pads in KONG on Reason pads 1-4 on bank 2 dont work. You cannot map individual drums (the squares on KONG) to specific pads on the controller. Ive gone into the editor and changed it so that the value of the key represented by pressing the pad matches up with the drums in kong, but i cannot make the changes stick/apply them. I feel this has to be something simple and im just missing something here. Thanks for the help.

Advertisements

CowboySaluki is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Acid Crunk
Old 28-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #2
CowboySaluki
Radial Developer
CowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud of
Chicago/Tulsa
Re: MPK Laptop mini programming

well, i was right, it was uber simple, now i feel like a nar nar. maybe time for a lil less :2gunsfiring_v1: lol. Or is it the opposite, cuz its been a few days.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
whitewolf
Learning The Ropes
whitewolf is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I'm in the same boat you were in lol. I'm using an MPK Mini with Kong and I'm struggling getting the pads to align properly with the pads in Kong. Looks like you found the solution faster than I did! If you get a spare moment, feel free to share what your solution was
whitewolf is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
CowboySaluki
Radial Developer
Chicago/Tulsa

Sorry, just saw your post. If youre still struggling, go into your akai editing program. This pic is probably too big to post and have it be readable, so heres a link. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Old 09-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #5
CowboySaluki
Radial Developer
Chicago/Tulsa

Wow, that didnt work either, go to editor set the value for bank 2 pad 1 C1 for the note value, set bank 2 pad 2 as C#1, and work your way up, each time you get all the way to the right, go up to the next row and over to the left. Do this and bank 2 will rep the bottom half of kong and bank one will rep the top, if done propperly.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
whitewolf
Learning The Ropes

Thanks!! I actually had just figured that out too. You know know what my problem was? I wasn't hitting the upload button after I saved the preset lol. I'm still a bit new to midi programming. I appreciate you sharing the info. I'm sure someone else, like me, will stumble across this post with the same problem .
Old 10-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #7
CowboySaluki
Radial Developer
Chicago/Tulsa

exact same thing i did, lol.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
whitewolf
Learning The Ropes

So now that you're using it, what do you think of it?

I'm pretty impressed with Kong as a device, though I've barely scratched the surface. The MPK Mini is pretty nice, I think. I wish the pads were a little more sensitive because some of my lighter hits don't register. I just have to hit it a bit harder, no huge deal. Just a minor preference. Of course, this is my first time using MPC pads so I'm a noob lol. I've always played piano / keyboards. For the other instruments I mostly use my M-Audio Oxygen 61 (Blue).

Have you checked out Dr. OctoRex much? I was wondering about using the pads to trigger each of the eight rex loop buttons, but haven't figured that one out yet.
Old 26-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
tofa
Learning The Ropes
tofa is currently spamming hard

thanks for this thread, was gonna post that it wasnt working for me then i realised halfway through writing what i was doing wrong lol.
just need to learn how to record and loop and repeat to make a beat
tofa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
pablo.station
Learning The Ropes
pablo.station is currently spamming hard

having trouble with this also
pablo.station is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #11
CowboySaluki
Radial Developer
Chicago/Tulsa

What are you having a problem with? Id be happy to help if i can. Ive been taking a break from reason and production in general. But if youre just having problems getting it to work with Reason, specifically KONG, read what is above, i believe it covers it pretty well. Get it set how you want, hit upload settings, with the MPK plugged in, this uploads the settings that are in the editor to the actual hardware, if that made sense.
Old 18-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #12
pablo.station
Learning The Ropes
pablo.station is currently spamming hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboySaluki View Post
What are you having a problem with? Id be happy to help if i can. Ive been taking a break from reason and production in general. But if youre just having problems getting it to work with Reason, specifically KONG, read what is above, i believe it covers it pretty well. Get it set how you want, hit upload settings, with the MPK plugged in, this uploads the settings that are in the editor to the actual hardware, if that made sense.

hey thanks for the reply and offer to help, I gave up on the MPK and traded it in for an M-AUDIO Oxygen 25. Right off the bat it works with Reason 5.

Thanks again though.
pablo.station is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
zwdev
Learning The Ropes
zwdev is currently spamming hard
Asia

I can send you the presets which I use. Drop me an email. I will try to upload them here soon.
Good luck

Last edited by zwdev; 05-09-2011 at 11:40 AM..
zwdev is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
tha1anonlymk
Learning The Ropes
tha1anonlymk is currently spamming hard

will someone please helpe out somehow?!

I've read all the post in here and done with I've read.
changed the value in the editor from C-1 and up and whatnot, then saved my settings. then uploaded them and still my MPK mini wouldn't sync with the pads in Kong.
will someone give me a hand!?
tha1anonlymk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 02:42 AM   #15
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762741

Check out the mpk mini configuration tutorial I´ve got on my Youtube channel. just click the link down below (in the signature) and scroll your way down through my uploads. I hope it will help.
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #16
tha1anonlymk
Learning The Ropes
tha1anonlymk is currently spamming hard

I took a look at your video and there was no volume.
so your video didn't help at all.

how do I figure out which not value controls the pads to kong?
so bank 1 pad 1 would trigger pad 1 in Kong and so fourth..
tha1anonlymk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 05:01 AM   #17
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762741

You didn´t watch the whole video...

You need to know which notes are assigned to the kong pads on reason. Alternatively you can use the midi learn function (if available)
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
highroo
Learning The Ropes
highroo is currently spamming hard

thank you guys !you helped me a lot! p

Advertisements

highroo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote