Processing (gfx)?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 18-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
Alfred_Faber
Eternal Echoer
Alfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MC
Sydney
MC Status: 414155
Processing (gfx)?

i'm sure i've seen a thread on this before, but i couldnt see anything in search function.

anyone else learning/use processing? for those of you unaware, "Processing is an open source programming language (heavily based on java) and environment for people who want to create images, animations, and interactions."

It's pretty easy to get your head around, especially for an extremely unmathematical person like me who has trouble with any form of programming. you can integrate with music through downloadable extensions that deal with MIDI and audio. and, totally free

so, anyone else use processing here? i'd be very interested to see some products of the program

the noobs can learn more here [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

edit: know this isn't exactly about music programming but thought it was still applicable, i hope

Advertisements

Alfred_Faber is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
jpontoos456
Regular Freak
jpontoos456 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: processing?

I've heard of this before man, how long have u been doing it for I would really love to get into it
jpontoos456 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Alfred_Faber
Eternal Echoer
Alfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MCAlfred_Faber is a savage MC
Sydney
MC Status: 414155
Re: Processing (gfx)?

i discovered it a couple of years ago but i have very little experience with it. well it's free and if you have the time to learn it its a really useful tool, go for it
Alfred_Faber is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
mudpeople
Minor Glitch
mudpeople is currently spamming hard
Reno
MC Status: 10
Re: Processing (gfx)?

Quotile and Glitch Sequencer are both nice and made with PRocessing, I Tried finding other utilities like that without much success, and with much looking at pictures, sometimes moving around

But, its at least possible to send both MIDI and OSC apparently Personally I dont really have any concern with learning it, but I always like to try to get those who do like it to make more neat things I can play with

Advertisements

mudpeople is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote