Nigel Stanford - Very interesting music and video experiments in music
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:30 AM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1841677
Nigel Stanford - Very interesting music and video experiments in music

Just love these, not seen them before, old news for some, interesting for others.

Several others on the guys website.

https://nigelstanford.com/Automatica/

Advertisements

------------------
My Tinkerings
https://hearthis.at/mystafx/
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Not forgetting the awesome Beat Battle Subs
https://hearthis.at/mfxxx/
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
jbvdb493 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
Inna Selez
Radial Developer
Inna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460
Re: Nigel Stanford - Very interesting music and video experiments in music

Thanks a lot for showing it. Amazing sound and video!
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Inna Selez
MFXxx (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 07:53 PM   #3
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32410

I had forgotten about this guy, seen it before, but now I am checking his albums out on iTunes, pretty good stuff too! Worth a listen.
Thanks for the reminder
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jbvdb493
MFXxx (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

That looks really cool and it some super editing. Not too sure about the Tesla coil and globe, though. The way he does it in the vid, he makes it look like he's playing notes on the globe, but that's not the case at all, as you can see his other hand playing the keyboard. That's not to say you couldn't somehow rig a globe to trigger notes.

Also the sound they're using at the end to trigger the water cascade isn't the kick drum..but the effect looks exactly the same.

Sorry..not dissing this at all..it's really cool..but there's a fair bit of "showmanship" gone into this and I think not all of what you see is the result of sound waves on matter, as is implied.

Maybe I'm wrong..IDK.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:42 PM   #5
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32410

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
That looks really cool and it some super editing. Not too sure about the Tesla coil and globe, though. The way he does it in the vid, he makes it look like he's playing notes on the globe, but that's not the case at all, as you can see his other hand playing the keyboard. That's not to say you couldn't somehow rig a globe to trigger notes.

Also the sound they're using at the end to trigger the water cascade isn't the kick drum..but the effect looks exactly the same.

Sorry..not dissing this at all..it's really cool..but there's a fair bit of "showmanship" gone into this and I think not all of what you see is the result of sound waves on matter, as is implied.

Maybe I'm wrong..IDK.
Thereís a lot of making of videos too, so I donít feel like they are trying to pull a fast one or anything.
Think of it more like a music video, which are all about showmanship.
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jbvdb493
A.M (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 11:57 PM   #6
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Thereís a lot of making of videos too, so I donít feel like they are trying to pull a fast one or anything.
Think of it more like a music video, which are all about showmanship.
Yeah..that's what I thought..it was just the voice-over at the start that kinda gives the impression everything was done as you see it..and if you didn't know better, you might very well go away thinking just that.

That said, I agree, I don't think any of it's meant to mislead..just impress..and the vid certainly does that.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
jbvdb493 (13-01-2018)