$1 mastering
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 21-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
Jonah_Mann
Microknight
Jonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
$1 mastering

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Jonah_Mann is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
Re: $1 mastering

Is this a special rate for IDMf members only?

I ask as I see over on SC that you are/were charging a lot more before/usually.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562380
Thanked 7,429 Times in 5,251 Posts

Seems like a good deal...but the website doesn't offer a lot of info...how much effort are you putting in for a buck? I mean...for a buck I guess you don't have much too loose...but...just seems kinda spammy to me. No offense...just that this post and the website don't come off as terribly professional

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841

Seems legit
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 05:20 AM   #5
Jonah_Mann
Microknight
Jonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I've decided not to charge more typical rates because I'm not really at that level yet, and I'm working in the box. I kind of want to be able to say that the time I spend infront of DAW is making me money. I'm going to start out at entry level with hopes to improve quality. I'm kind of having growing pains switching from amateur to professional.

You may hear a 128 before you pay if you wanted to sample the service. But I guess you should always remember that you get what you pay for...

------------------
Old 22-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #6
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45947581
Thanked 5,788 Times in 3,635 Posts

Yeah but if you want people to take you seriously, charge more. That's kind of shooting yourself in the foot and asking for 12 y/o's to come a running. Either that or just do a set of freebies, something like First 20 Clients get FREE song mastered!!! Then charge 20 bucks a song. Trust me, it's really better, and if you have a portfolio from the freebies, all the better.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
DATAFUX
Granular Poster
DATAFUX is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

The sample work link is not working..
DATAFUX is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
Jonah_Mann
Microknight

I'll consider all this. One guy said he'll pay me more for an EP if he likes this one job.

Sorry about the link, I'll have to master some creative commons material or something and use that as an example.

------------------
Old 22-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Are you expecting people to Paypal $1 to you? It seems more like an inconvenience than a special offer tbh. Either free or charge more.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah_Mann View Post
But I guess you should always remember that you get what you pay for...
I'd back off from statements like this. Kinda makes it seem like...don't be pissed because my mastering sucks, it was only one dollar!

Anyway...curious what your setup is, monitors...treatment...gear/software...

Just asking because I've seen a lot of one dollar mastering services and 99% of them of been some kid with m-audio monitors and Ozone.

------------------
Old 22-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
TIMT
Soundscaper
TIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MC
MC Status: 418660

it says on your website that your current "mastering chain" is,stereo adjustment,eq,harmonic excitement,multiband compression,eq.

Just curious..what if the particular track doesn't require the entirety of your mastering chain,which is likely to be the case?.most mastering really just entails FINE eq adjustments and subtle tightening of the micro and macro dynamics where people haven't quite got the levels balanced out properly due to either a shit room or over reliance on effects to achieve a cohesive mix

I see mastering as more of a mindset than an actual process,compromising certain aspects of a mixes frequency content or balance in order to make other elements shine through which are potentially more important for that particular track,which brings me right back to the mindset not process thing.(serial procrastinators need not apply)

TIMT
TIMT is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

^A better question than mine TIMT. And very damn good point.

------------------
Old 23-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #13
christopherL
Regular Freak
christopherL is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

You get what you pay for in this industry. nuff said.
christopherL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #14
Dirkjet123
Regular Freak
Dirkjet123 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

$1 dollar mastering? You doing this as a hobby?
Dirkjet123 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #15
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879

I think the little inconvenience of paying might be a good idea as it probably filters out a lot of crap.

Advertisements

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote