[Tech House] MetaMorph - This is not a Piano
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
Mattem
Minor Glitch
Mattem will become famous soon enough
MANCHESTER
MC Status: 60
[Tech House] MetaMorph - This is not a Piano

Hey

Been doing a quick work up of a summer vibes piano style track... nods to tech house and the ibiza terrace... see what you think

Last edited by Mattem; 01-07-2017 at 07:21 PM..

Advertisements

Mattem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mattem
Lotus_Jewel (28-07-2017)
Rate this track - [Tech House] MetaMorph - This is not a Piano.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Tweaked
Regular Freak
Tweaked is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [Tech House] MetaMorph - This is not a Piano

Is the kick in stereo? I would probably keep it mono. Might be my cheep headphones that are tricking me, idk
Tweaked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #3
Dirty32
Radial Developer
Dirty32 has a spectacular aura aboutDirty32 has a spectacular aura about
Brussels
MC Status: 160

I can hear the sunny vibe in the track but if I was you I 'd try to get rid of the piano/rhodes to replace it with a more conventional piano (who doesn't cut itself - or not every time) even if the title says otherwise! Other than that it's a great start.
Cheers!

------------------
Dirty32 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard

Chill summer sound. I like it Has that dubby feel to it
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
Adelina
Soundwave Mangler
Adelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to all
MC Status: 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattem View Post
Hey

Been doing a quick work up of a summer vibes piano style track... nods to tech house and the ibiza terrace... see what you think

I like tracks of this kind, the mood is so serene.
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 05:20 AM   #6
Triadtraxx
IDMf's latest spammer
Triadtraxx is currently spamming hard
Sydney Australia

Love the melodic content, but the mixing is off, it sounds uncontrolled, i'd look into that. Otherwise I love the vibes.
Triadtraxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattem View Post
Hey

i think this song is nice... it has the vibe i feel a lot of the time, relaxed yet very active, at peace. keep it up!

i can tell your mix needs some work though, and im betting its because of your listening environment or reference. ie monitors, or headphones, your room dimensions and shape, lack of treatment, etc. plus, not sure on your process of reference... being IF you are aware of your listening environment, what do you do to adapt? ie, listen to mastered versions on good headphones, while going back to mix for edits, and repeating.

IF you have a room done up nice and all, then id just say you need practice and a good reference track to compare it to.

IF not, then i advise you to fix your room... first, then WHAT you hear back from your monitors, being second, will be accurately heard without acoustic interference, which will lead to mixes that are colored and unnatural.

what process are you doing when you start your mixing phase?
starting with the filters to roll off un wanted freq, then using the parametric eq to fine tune? when you start your mix, do you start with the kick and the bass and snare or clap? and balance them, then bring in the other elements to match the levels?

use the kick and bass, for the low range, as a guide for all other tracks in this range of freq. use the snare and clap for the guide with the higher freq range.

are you a/b ing a lot? on/off with effects, and changes... changes should be subtle, in the end of your mix... though they may start rough. I take three passes for most songs from the first track to the next (sample)

just curious, hope it helps.

Advertisements

------------------
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote