Oct 2017: SOUNDCLOUD EMBEDDING HAS CHANGED. Read here for embedding info. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 24-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #21
Flexagon
Minor Glitch
Flexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260
Re: Oct 2017: SOUNDCLOUD EMBEDDING HAS CHANGED. Read here for embedding info.

Hi all

Re: Posting and embedding private soundcloud links with the player working.
I recently did it in the listening booth like this...........

1. Use the Soundclown tags. Follow the instructions here on how to use the (Soundclown) tags and how to find the track ID number. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2. When you copy the track ID out of the embed link code also copy the next part that looks like this ( %3Fsecret_token% ) and the part after that. This is the private track link, will have the same letters and numbers as if you had shared the track as a private full URL link.

3. That's it! Preview your post and check it worked.

Advertisements

------------------
Flexagon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 05:53 PM   #22
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexagon View Post
Hi all

Re: Posting and embedding private soundcloud links with the player working.
I recently did it in the listening booth like this...........

1. Use the Soundclown tags. Follow the instructions here on how to use the (Soundclown) tags and how to find the track ID number. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2. When you copy the track ID out of the embed link code also copy the next part that looks like this ( %3Fsecret_token% ) and the part after that. This is the private track link, will have the same letters and numbers as if you had shared the track as a private full URL link.

3. That's it! Preview your post and check it worked.
Cool..nicely spotted!

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #23
chuchogt28
IDMf's latest spammer
chuchogt28 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Excellent!
chuchogt28 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #24
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

They must have reverted it again, because I changed [ SOUNDCLOWN ] tag to [ SOUNDCLOUDPLAYER ] and it fixed it for me....

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #25
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
They must have reverted it again, because I changed [ SOUNDCLOWN ] tag to [ SOUNDCLOUDPLAYER ] and it fixed it for me....
The thing is it's working NOW, but come back again and try tomorrow..the day after..a week after that and it won't work no matter what you do. It's been going like that for a while now and I don't get why that is. Is it something we are doing here on IDMf or is it still totally SC's fault? The only set of SC tags that seem to work on an ongoing basis is the SOUND CLOWN ones.

It's a pain, as most of the player issues that need to be fixed over in the LB are ones using the SOUND CLOUD tags, where they put the full URL between the tags, as that's what folks seem to be used to doing..and keep doing it, even though it is a bit iffy as to if it will work or not.

Personally, I wish we just had one set of tags that worked all the time..then there would be no confusion and no issues either.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote