[Drum n Bass] Signal Jacker - Come to the land of Buddha
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 25-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510
[Drum n Bass] Signal Jacker - Come to the land of Buddha

I'm not often happy with my pieces, but this has come out really nice, it's 192 bpm in 9/8.

Last edited by A.M; 26-07-2017 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: fixed title

Advertisements

------------------
Richard Travers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Richard Travers
Daggit (26-07-2017)
Rate this track - [Drum n Bass] Signal Jacker - Come to the land of Buddha.
Old 26-07-2017, 03:13 AM   #2
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310
Re: [Drum n Bass] Come to the land of Buddha (Signal Jacker)

I played drums in prog metal and jazz bands growing up so I always love some odd dime signature grooves . I like the feel of the track and the drums are really cool. At the 2 minute ish mark i was wanting a change got a little repetitive for my taste. I like the track! , but would want to hear more variation for my taste

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #3
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510
Re: [Drum n Bass] Come to the land of Buddha (Signal Jacker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
I played drums in prog metal and jazz bands growing up so I always love some odd dime signature grooves . I like the feel of the track and the drums are really cool. At the 2 minute ish mark i was wanting a change got a little repetitive for my taste. I like the track! , but would want to hear more variation for my taste
Wow I am stoked that I have managed to impress a drummer!! Excellent hehe!!!

Right, this seems to be most peoples complaints about my music, they want it to switch up quicker, I use too much repetition, maybe you can help me? I progress through my sequences in 8 bar stages, that is for example in the track I bring in a new layer every 8 bars or so. . .. . . so, 8 bar drum intro, then bassline, 8 bars later, new bass layer, 8 bars after that etc, oh somtimes I'l let a section repeat twice but with a breakdown at 8 bars again, this seems to be what I am accustomed to writing.

I wonder am I showing my age here? lol, can you point me to an example track which I can listen too? because nearly every dance piece I can think of progresses in this way. . . I think. . . . except for Breakcore lol (which I do like) but 8 bar progressions are what I was brought up listening too, was it not the case for you?

exmpl. . . .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Richard Travers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote