[Electronic] uEn & Two Opal - Distance
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
[Electronic] uEn & Two Opal - Distance

A tune I think I've just finished. My friend and I (uEn) worked on this together. Was pretty fun but switching between logic and ableton was a bit of a pain. Anyway, would love any critique you can spare on this one. Hope you enjoy

Advertisements

------------------
pBrane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] uEn & Two Opal - Distance.
Old 16-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
lemmike
Granular Poster
lemmike will become famous soon enoughlemmike will become famous soon enough
Copenhagen
MC Status: 110
Re: [Electronic] uEn & Two Opal - Distance

Sounds great and it sounds done to me. Enjoyed listening to it! Very nice production.
lemmike is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about

Thanks

------------------
Old 17-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
d3b
Knob Twiddler
d3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MC
MC Status: 118464

was a cool little journey listening to this
good work
d3b is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
pBrane
Sample Destroyer

thanks, i'm still unsure of the sub bass line but i think I'll keep it for now

------------------
Old 19-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
RUncELL
Soundscaper
RUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond repute
Essex
MC Status: 3410

nicE.. i liKe the feeL. bAss seems oK.
If it were my tracK, i'd brighten up the drums a bit and pUt a bit of reverb on the kiCk, so it's not as up front.. Because most elements are quite dark.. gives a bit more cOntrast..

Last edited by RUncELL; 19-08-2013 at 10:14 PM..
RUncELL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
DCA
Sample Destroyer
DCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

good deep mininal dubs, I like it man!

maybe some more reverb/delay on the bass swell/wub that comes out, just to add more space but overall great mixdown and cool track!

------------------
Support from iknodubstep, ThatBassNation
Squinty Bass Records
DCA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
portman
Analog Lurker
portman will become famous soon enoughportman will become famous soon enough
Hertfordshire, England, UK, Earth
MC Status: 110

this track is really good.
i like the frog-croaking type sounds at the start of the beat, and the intensity and anticipation that the track creates

the high sounds could be made a bit brighter to bring them out in the mix slightly

But I like what you've produced - even with the difficulties of Ableton-Logic switching
portman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: T.E.E.D.
Old 29-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #9
Dr. Bishop
Learning The Ropes
Dr. Bishop is currently spamming hard
Florianópolis, SC
MC Status: 10

Wooww liked very much this track, reminds me Mono Mental style.
Excelent atmosphere, very nice tones on this one.
Dr. Bishop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
gatefour
Sample Destroyer
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Nice one, some really cool sounds there behind the atmospherics. Good work!

Are you talking about the subbass at 1:40 and on? I quite like it but something about it makes it doesn't sound as "organic" as the rest of the track.
gatefour is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #11
pBrane
Sample Destroyer

cheers for all the feedback. I can definitely now hear how that mid bass 'wob' sound is lacking reverb! I often think a lot of electronic tracks (including a lot of my own) have way too much high end crisp so I was trying to avoid that on this track... but maybe I went too far in the opposite direction.

Thanks gatefour, yeh that bass first comes in around that time. I just made a simple sub patch using massive. You're spot on about it not sounding organic and that's probably why I find it annoying. I really struggle to make bass sounds. I love the sound of a really low sub but making such patches on softsynths always lack warmth and organicness. I've recently indulged in a bass to try to overcome this but I'm still figuring the instrument out. Maybe I'll come back to this later when I discover the funk

------------------
Old 30-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
gatefour
Sample Destroyer
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Hmm, I'm no expert at doing a sub but normally for flowing subs, I just use a sine with a tiny bit of distortion, add set an LFO on the volume. Have you had any success sampling as well?

Honestly though, it doesn't sound bad in any way in your tune, if anything it's very, very minor, but then again though, it's great to be nitpicky and critical of your own tunes
gatefour is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #13
EmeraldZone
Knob Twiddler
EmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MC
Bradford, England
MC Status: 186216

Good work man, much imagination went into this track. Very well mixed. Nothing more to add!

Advertisements

------------------
EmeraldZone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote