ableton volume issue
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
tazer101
Minor Glitch
tazer101 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Icon5 ableton volume issue

I just exported a track from ableton today and its giving me some serious issues with the volume. It seems like the track is very quiet compared to when i export through reason. Is there any reason for this? Normalizing isnt even an option cause it makes the track so quiet compared to other songs i listen to. If you need to hear it for an example its in the description (i am not trying to advertise this song outside of the appropriate section i seriously need help with this ) its not normalized and is in danger of cliping and distorting the track in ableton. Please help!

Advertisements

------------------
Brand spanking new progressive trance tune!!!
Dee-tune - Echoes of Centuari
tazer101 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10378317
Re: ableton volume issue

Sounds loud enough. Louder than most of my tracks when comparing on Soundcloud.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Middie
Ghostly
Middie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 7202625

Sounds comparable to the last track I was listening to in iTunes?
Middie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269476358
Thanked 3,055 Times in 2,025 Posts

"loudness" has more to do with mastering that with mixing.
It doesn't make any sense to compare the volume of your tracks with commercial tracks or with tracks made on other software.

Look at the submission rules for the IDMf compilations for example, tracks must not exceed, -3b, the one I submitted for Atra Aeterna remix was around -12 dB, yet if you listen to the final product, all tracks are nice, loud and even, that's mastering.

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Curios
Sample Destroyer
Curios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MC
Philadelphia, PA
MC Status: 1850373

Automageddon makes the important points but I do remember this topic coming up in the past. Essentially that Ableton renders the tracks a bit soft relative to other DAWs. As I've only used Ableton extensively, I can't really comment except that other people around the interweb have asked this same question.

Advertisements

------------------
Curios is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote