Softube
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 31-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 62310
Thanked 1,246 Times in 916 Posts
Softube

Folks,

Softube has an end of year sale, just in case you'd be interested in 30-50% off on some of their nice plugins.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
relic (01-01-2018)
Old 31-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32110
Re: Softube

So Iíve been wondering about that, since softube designed some of the ableton native compressors and other effects, if they are really worth it.
Not that I am really in the market, just thinking.
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 171860
Thanked 3,437 Times in 2,054 Posts

I think 69 (or even 100, the regular price) bucks for their basic Modular software package is a steal. I've listened to every demo out there and it sounds absolutely TITS.

Getting it as soon as I can. Funemployment is fun but that budget is very, very delicate lol. It's coming my way though.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
relic (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269473708
Thanked 3,002 Times in 1,991 Posts

It feels a bit overpriced for what you get, especially when compared to VCV Rack.
I looked into it quite a lot, but once you start adding modules it gets really expensive.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse

Oh yes, I see your point, when compared to what else is out there, especially something that is free. And I possibly would not be eyeing Softube's option if it wasnt for the, ARGH!, knob behavior in VCV that will not let me use it proficiently with a touchscreen. It is quite frustrating, man, because that whole open source thing looks very, oh very promising.

Still, Softube's option remains a very valid option, depending on what kind of thing you do in a modular environment. There's no end to what I'd personally be tempted to try with what the basic set of modules offers. And in light of the sounds I've heard, it has that "outside of the speakers" quality, as I call it, that I look for in a software instrument. It sounds rich and lively. I'm a bit more into the older-school stuff and not all that interested in the new generation of digital processors like Clouds and stuff... Though I can see how they are very awesome. Oh yeah lol that shit rules but It's not what I want. I just want the meat and potatoes and it to sound very very nice and analog AKA no aliasing. I'm very familiar with those Doepfer modules; my friends' modular cases that I've used a lot were mainly populated with Doepfer things. I'm confident I'd get my money's worth. I mean, it's a pro product. It has to cost something. They make sure they can sell this as something you can confidently use in critical live settings, work with in projects where money and deadlines are involved. Provided you run it on good hardware and a healthy platform yaddi yada...

That said I have not tried VCV since they put out the last version and things might have changed... I need to investigate.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:05 PM   #6
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
Nouvelle Franse

It's true though that with Clouds and that sort of stuff you can "play" and come up with things that used to take _FUCKING_HOURS_ to edit in a daw. It's completely awesome.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:06 PM   #7
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 62310
Thanked 1,246 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
So Iíve been wondering about that, since softube designed some of the ableton native compressors and other effects, if they are really worth it.
Not that I am really in the market, just thinking.
I really like the Tube-Tech classic channel, Tape is also very nice. Iíve added their Drawmer Multiband compressor and all the goodies in their Volume 1 package. TSAR-1 is a fantastic reverb that only recently met its match with FabFilterís Pro-R.
Iím sure they did a fine job with NI, but the compressors above were manufacturer authorized models of the respective hardware. They also made it into the select set of UAD supported plugins. None of that really matters as much to me than the simple fact that I really like the way they sound.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
jbvdb493 (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 10:09 PM   #8
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10533901

I've not got the softube modular but i'm a big fan of their other plugins.

A selection of softube plugins combined with soundtoys 5 bundle and you can throw your UAD dongle card in the bin.

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #9
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
fuck you!
MC Status: 329126900
Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
It feels a bit overpriced for what you get, especially when compared to VCV Rack.
I looked into it quite a lot, but once you start adding modules it gets really expensive.
i tried the demo,but was not impressed.way too slow,eats up huge cpu,and crashed frequently.vcv rack no problems at all.so....

Advertisements

Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Rixtr
thom (02-01-2018)