What books are you currently reading? - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 21-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #141
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2417221
Re: What books are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glober View Post
Man and His Symbols - Carl Jung
i have a friend whose also reading Jung, how is his work?

Just finished The Divine Comedy: Inferno. Gunna start Purgatory today

Advertisements

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

subscribe to me on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/QiantaMusic
Qianta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #142
Iyashi Sound
Knob Twiddler
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9360
Re: What books are you currently reading?

After reading somewhere that Shakespeare was heavily influenced by Seneca's tragedies, I picked up a collection of new English translations by Emily Wilson.

This one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Six-Tragedi...=six+tragedies

The similarities are striking, in places almost bordering on plagiarism. But you can't have too much of a good thing, I suppose

My favourite of the collection is probably Medea going totally berserk over Jason wanting to divorce her and marry a younger wife instead. The pure hatred and vengeful insanity is breathtaking. Almost like a play version of an epic black metal record.

That the plays were written 2000 years ago is mind-blowing to me, since many of the themes are still highly relevant today. Perhaps especially so, if seen in the light of the current political climate in the US. Stories about people losing their minds to hate and disappointment, murdering everyone they can get their hands on. Recommended.

Last edited by Iyashi Sound; 21-02-2018 at 05:19 PM..

Advertisements

Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Iyashi Sound
Qianta (22-02-2018)