bouncing around loops from program to program
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 22-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
henryspencer
Digital Surfer
henryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MC
MC Status: 2983763
bouncing around loops from program to program

Ive just downloaded audiomulch which I have to say is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time and it seems that I will be doing allot of importing loops from other programs that I have made or recorded and then messing with them in mulch to later be sequenced in ableton.
Does anyone else here do this where they make loops in one program and bounce it around in other programs for adjustments? Do you find that certain problems arise, like having to do with perhaps the fact that you have less control over the final result in terms of that you cant eq the individual samples the loop was made with originally? How about the rate and quality, do you have to make sure you always stick to the same (24 bit, 48 khz)?

any tips on this matter would be great just as things to think about so that I dont end up working myself into some sort of jam sine I have generally tried to do everything in one program in the past and keep it midi so that adjustments can be made to each sample...

Advertisements

henryspencer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
FHBanker
Granular Poster
FHBanker will become famous soon enoughFHBanker will become famous soon enough
Austin
MC Status: 110
Re: bouncing around loops from program to program

I dont understand the question, but I usually bounce the midi and make 2 version of a melody with 2 different DAW's and see which sounds better, and which has more control. I do all my beats in FL Studio 10, all my melodies and Pads in Sunvox, All my vocals in Garageband/FL Studio 10, and all my FX in ReNoise or Ableton Live, then I load it all into Ableton Live and use the Automation in Ableton, then I bounce each track individually to FLStudio, and arrange it there, then bounce the .wav or .mp3 to SOny Vegas or Pinnacle Studio and render it into HD 320k and upload the file onto Youtube.

------------------
FHBanker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: AFX
Old 23-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

Yes.
export/mixdown/bounce/render/record (uncompressed wav/aif, same sample-, and bit rate as original)

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
henryspencer
Digital Surfer
henryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MC
MC Status: 2983763

So I should keep the same bit and sample rate right? What if I use an old mp3 sample that is a different rate than other wavs in the same song, does this cause trouble? My mixer/ interface only does 16 bit and 44 khz i think so what If Im working with movie samples that are 24 and 48 khz?

Advertisements

henryspencer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote