[popcorn] Admins Deleting Threads?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Closed Thread
Old 30-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
DMO
DMO will become famous soon enoughDMO will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
[popcorn] Admins Deleting Threads?

I am new here, but I made a number of replies to people's threads yesterday. I checked them later today and seems like at least 7 of my replies from yesterday along with people's original posts were deleted. I am all for keeping things clean, but posts I spent a lot of time on and they were very detailed for people in how to improve or help their songs were deleted. Not only does this lower my post count, but it removes vital help to people on these forums, which is what they are for, I assumed. I have been working in production for over 10 years and know the replies I posted were correct and helpful.

Although I am new here, I will NOT continue to post here if admins are going to delete valuable 1-2 paragraph long posts of mine plus the responses of 10+ other people. It certainly ruins my idea of a forum and it pisses me off, when something I spent my time on to help someone, disappears.

This needs to be fixed (maybe archive the posts), when someone goes on a deleting rager because it is not their friends song that is being talked about or because they don't have a "IDMf Artist", "Veteran", or "Supporter" tag, you must be kidding me IDMf.

What's the point of having a 35 post rule, if you need the tags too? I'm sorry you don't consider me an IDMf Artist, Veteran, or Supporter; so this will probably get deleted, but I am a better Artist then 95% of the IDMf one's that produce junk and don't master or even use equalization or compression on them, a better veteran to the music world then some 14 year old kid that's was in diapers when I was using Ableton Live 1, and a better supporter then someone who gives you $5 once and posts all day about things they really knows nothing about, I've seen plenty of incorrect information here, by IDMf Artists, Veterans, and Supporters alike here already.

And yes, the 5 different people's posts who disappeared, all followed the +35 post rules.

Where are the threads:
acid_____new track up
sOCkEt -_- eLectro
Unfinished Remix For 3LAU

I know I missed a few.

But you're right IDMf, we are probably better off as a forum, if you delete the posts about how someone should use a compressor on their track to side chain it and how to adjust the threshold, gain, etc. properly to help them get the best sound, DISAPPEARS FOREVER. :holadines:

Advertisements

DMO is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Re: Admins Deleting Threads?

Using a compressor to sidechain? Oh my god, that's genius!!!

Please don't leave us! We need your brilliance! We'll do anything.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
There is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Benwaa

ok, first off the arrogant attitude really isn't necessary. You're just outright accusing the admins of deleting your threads or threads that contain your posts.
Maybe it could be a better approach to ask what's happened to your threads/posts without the attitude, as tbh - being one of the admins here - i have no fucking clue about your posts or threads until you made this thread.
Maybe a PM could have even been better? either way just accusing us is rather shitty and i suggest that maybe an attitude readjustment would be in order towards this if we're actually going to get anywhere.

Now, because i give a shit and am not a cunt as seemingly made out, i'll go and have a look where your 7 posts have disappeared to.

excuse me a moment...
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
fid (30-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #4
Benwaa

oh look..

on searching your posts i find that one of our moderators identified that you didn't bother to read the rules and follow them. 7 TIMES

here's the deletion reason

Quote:
Thread deleted. Reason: tracks that don't follow the LB naming format get deleted as per the rules, sorry.
So, dmo. what is it you have to say right now?

It certainly ruins my idea of a forum and it pisses me off, when something I spent my time on to help someone, is taken for granted.
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
fid (30-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #5
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45947581
Thanked 5,788 Times in 3,635 Posts

heh. 95% better huh?

And it's better THAN some 14 year old kid....not then. Makes ya sound like....a 14 y/o kid when you type like that. Oh I need an attitude readjustment.
Numerical is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FUCKING RULES...READ THEM!
The Listening Booth

Here's the place to get feedback on your tracks, there are a few things to note before posting here:

• Must be a member for 7 days before posting threads, and 30 meaningful posts in other areas of the forum. (no “Great thread”, “Wow I'm impressed”, “this is sounding great!”), this place relies on people adding something of value, if you are found to be 'post count bumping' you will find a Mod hot on your heels and will find your post count dropping faster than you can type your one word replies.
  • If you are posting a track for feedback then try giving some to others first, even if you don't feel qualified feel free to state your opinions (but remember make them meaningful, just saying “great track ” or "I like the kick" is no help at all. Try and write more than a couple of sentences, be specific about particular aspects you like/dislike and what quality it is that made you notice it. Really consider your feedback, the listening booth is a privilege treat it like one.
  • Don't make loads of threads, the Listening Booth is a popular place and even with everyone making one thread every couple of weeks theres a lot of traffic, don't abuse the facility.
  • If you aren't looking for feedback or don't want to give any, don't post your track in the Listening Booth.
  • No constant thread bumping, if you haven't received any feedback and have been giving loads to others wait a week and then feel free to bump your thread once.
  • Try to tell us a bit about your track. If you had any inspiration that got it started, if you had any intentions while creating it and if you had any plans for it. Any and all information like this will really help your song to stand out and to be more memorable. This isn't completely necessary, but it is encouraged.
  • Be respectful of others and their criticism. Feel free to talk about what people have to say about your music, but never resort to offensive name calling or bad talking in any way. We're all here to help and learn.
  • On the other hand, if anyone is notably abusive or rude regarding your music (e.g. "this is utter crap") and offers no signs of constructiveness feel free to report them and we'll have them sorted.
  • Check out this thread to learn how to use soundcloud tags: http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=109707
  • When creating a thread please use the title format: [Genre] Artist - Track name
  • Don't post material you didn't create.
that's what you agree to read when signing up btw...

http://www.idmforums.com/announcement.php?f=138
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
fid (30-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #7
fid
IDMf Artist
fid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,969 Posts

Oh fuck off please

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
h̷e̶y̴ ̷m̷a̴n̸ ̵l̶e̷t̴s̷ ̵f̷a̸c̴e̶ ̷i̶t̸ ̶s̸o̵m̵e̴t̷i̴m̴e̴s̶ ̸i̴t̷s̴ ̴j̴u̶s̶t̸ ̸t̴o̴x̵i̷c̴ ̵a̵n̶d̸ ̵j̷u̶s̷t̴ ̶k̸i̶l̶l̵s̶ ̷l̷e̶g̷i̶t̷i̴m̴a̵t̶e̵ ̷i̵n̷t̶e̷r̸e̸s̶t̷,̸ ̸b̷e̴t̷t̵e̶r̵ ̷t̷o̸ ̸h̸a̷v̷e̸ ̷"̶q̷u̴a̶l̷i̸t̷y̸ ̴p̶o̶s̴t̶s̸"̷ ̷t̸h̶e̸n̵ ̵b̶e̴ ̴t̵h̶e̴ ̷a̸m̷u̸s̷e̶m̵e̷n̷t̶ ̵p̸a̷r̶k̸ ̵o̵f̸ ̴s̶h̵e̶n̸n̴a̸n̶i̷g̸a̶n̶s̴ ̶a̴n̸d̸ ̸b̵u̶l̷l̶s̴h̴i̵t̶.̷.̴.̴o̸t̶h̶e̶r̸w̷i̵s̴e̵ ̵w̷h̸a̶t̴ ̶y̴o̷u̸r̵ ̷l̵e̴f̶t̶ ̴w̴i̵t̸h̵ ̵i̴s̷ ̶a̷ ̶c̴e̵s̶s̶p̷o̵o̵l̶ ̸a̷n̵d̴ ̴n̸o̶ ̷o̷n̴e̶ ̵w̷a̵n̴t̶s̷ ̷t̴o̷ ̷l̵i̸v̴e̵ ̷i̴n̷ ̴a̷ ̷c̴e̶s̸s̷p̸o̷o̶l̸.̵
fid is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
DMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
oh look..

on searching your posts i find that one of our moderators identified that you didn't bother to read the rules and follow them. 7 TIMES

here's the deletion reason

So, dmo. what is it you have to say right now?

It certainly ruins my idea of a forum and it pisses me off, when something I spent my time on to help someone, is taken for granted.
I didn't follow the rules? Consider it wasn't me that didn't follow the rules, rather the original poster, therefore the forum should not have allowed them in the first place. And did I not suggest an archive?
DMO is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #9
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110150
Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMO View Post

I've seen plenty of incorrect information here, by IDMf Artists, Veterans, and Supporters alike here already.

:holadines:

Hey now I give plenty of misinformation quite often and I don't have any sort of tag.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #10
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110150
Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,413 Posts

Quote:
I didn't follow the rules? Consider it wasn't me that didn't follow the rules, rather the original poster, therefore the forum should not have allowed them in the first place. And did I not suggest an archive?
How about a simple "Oops I was wrong and am an idiot?"
Oatbag is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:28 AM   #11
DMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Hey now I give plenty of misinformation quite often and I don't have any sort of tag.
Haha, by the way Oatbag don't try posting a song in the listening booth with your 2k+ posts, that won't be allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
How about a simple "Oops I was wrong and am an idiot?"
I did follow the rules...
DMO is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #12
Benwaa

You're a dick mate. That's all there is to it. Either way your shitty 7 posts were deleted for a valid reason. And you were a cunt about it.
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
PROton42 (30-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #13
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175278290
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,950 Posts

Quote:
Haha, by the way Oatbag don't try posting a song in the listening booth with your 2k+ posts, that won't be allowed.

I did follow the rules...
I can't read this on account of all my wonderful tags being in the way.

I have four of them and I'm still a piece of shit, chill Winston
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to deadmau7
Oatbag (30-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 01:36 AM   #14
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 15460

Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Oh fuck off please
You're just saying that because you're an admin supporter artist who's got free entry to the VIP orgy booth at the IDMF ball >.>

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #15
Benwaa

Hang on? Was this started in the side room?

We've been trolled!

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
relic (30-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #16
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562380
Thanked 7,429 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quick. Someone delete this fucking thread ;p

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:43 AM   #17
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175278290
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Quick. Someone delete this fucking thread ;p
But where are all the excess tears gonna land?
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to deadmau7
relic (30-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #18
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7 View Post
But where are all the excess tears gonna land?
On fids tongue
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
relic (30-08-2013)
Old 30-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #19
DMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
You're a dick mate. That's all there is to it. Either way your shitty 7 posts were deleted for a valid reason. And you were a cunt about it.
You do realize your comments to me were about be arrogant and a dick. It seems to me though Benwaa, you are the one being the unfair in not taking the time to understand that my posts were deleted due to the original poster and not me and therefore I am upset about it. I didn't use any harsh language, such as you, I brought up an issue I had.

Probably berating me by saying 'my shitty posts were deleted for a valid reason' is not the classiest behavior of someone who is supposed to represent the site. Rather, they weren't shitty posts at all.
DMO is offline   Thanks
Old 30-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #20
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562380
Thanked 7,429 Times in 5,251 Posts

Dude, you're just pissed because you are now 7 posts further away from chucking your tunes in the LB...

When even be pissed? By the time we time we are done giving you shit, assuming you keep responding, you'll have 35 posts...

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
professurreal (30-08-2013)
Closed Thread