Hybrid mic
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 18-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
Sentimental
Ask Yourself
Sentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MC
Belfast
MC Status: 755910
Hybrid mic

I want a mic for recording, i want to build a self made sample pack, i think it will help me learn about micing and recording etc. but also strike creativity

i want to record knocks, bumps, gasps, breaths, punches, doors slamming, kicking walls, screaming, the outside, cars, and maybe a few instruments but its just for general purpose to be honest, i dont want to pay more then 40-50 for a mic, or more than 80 if its a set with pop filters and stands and all that shit.

Thanks

Advertisements

------------------
Sentimental is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
YoMyEX
Eternal Echoer
YoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MC
Miami Beach, FL
MC Status: 4315538
Re: Hybrid mic

40-50? Its gonna be tough to find quality mics in that price range.

You want to record the outside? well, the most transportable and cheapest route I could suggest is getting a handheld recorder. Here are a couple that fall around that price tag.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

If you are looking for just a microhphone between 40-50, Here are a few:
Condensers: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Dynamics: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
YoMyEX is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
Sentimental
Ask Yourself
Sentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MC
Belfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMyEX View Post
40-50? Its gonna be tough to find quality mics in that price range.

You want to record the outside? well, the most transportable and cheapest route I could suggest is getting a handheld recorder. Here are a couple that fall around that price tag.

If you are looking for just a microhphone between 40-50, Here are a few:
Condensers: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Dynamics: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
I have a laptop with a usb interface with preamps and phantom power, so i can take it anywhere

------------------
Old 18-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
Sentimental
Ask Yourself
Belfast

Theres some nice ones on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for like under 50/60 t-bone and samson ones, but i dont really know anything about mics, was just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with cheap mics

------------------
Old 18-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #5
YoMyEX
Eternal Echoer
YoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MCYoMyEX is a savage MC
Miami Beach, FL
MC Status: 4315538

It really depends on what you want to record. You need to keep in mind the source material, the desirable polar patterns, the sensitivity of the mic, the frequency response, weather it can use a windscreen or not, the maximum SPL, and the signal-to-noise ratio.

I'd say go with some type of condenser w/ switchable polar patterns (cardioid, super cardioid, omni-directional at least), preferably with a response of 20Hz-20kHz to cover every possible sound source, and a high signal-to-noise ratio, especially when recording outside. When looking for mics, try to find one that more or less has these features.

An all-around good AND cheap (40-50) microphone doesn't really exist. Generally, the more expensive mics are more "all around" then the cheaper "one-trick-pony" ones.

I think it really depends how quality of a microphone you are looking for.

Edit: Hey I was looking on that website you posted. This one seems promising, and its a stereo mic.

------------------
YoMyEX is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
Sentimental
Ask Yourself
Belfast

Thanks for checking it out, but 140 is to much, i only want it as a fun project, and monitors and maschine are coming first on my wish list!

I'll probally just wing it and buy one of the 40 T-Bone ones on Thomann.de

Advertisements

------------------