Reason's SUBtractor and/or Thor synth's for FL Studio, is it possible??
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 13-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
eazypop
Microknight
eazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to behold
The Hague
MC Status: 783
Reason's SUBtractor and/or Thor synth's for FL Studio, is it possible??

I've been checking out reason's synths Subtractor and thor. And both seem like great synths! I would really like to use them in FL Studio but so far it doesn't seem possible... Does anyone a sollution or maybe similar synths??

Thnx

Advertisements

------------------
Boi Mesa (sub)Socially Insane
eazypop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: El-B - Amazon
Old 13-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
essenthy
essenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MC
Tokyo-3
MC Status: 19518492
Re: Reason's SUBtractor and/or Thor synth's for FL Studio, is it possible??

you can rewire Reason to Fl studio to get any sound from Reason to Fl

------------------
essenthy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
eazypop
Microknight
eazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to beholdeazypop is a splendid one to behold
The Hague

Wow that's pretty awesome. But i'm afraid my computer is to slow Im saving up for a new one... Is this the only way to make it happen??

------------------
Old 14-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
essenthy
essenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MC
Tokyo-3
MC Status: 19518492

yes , but you could render your Reason synths to wav then import to Fl if you are patient enough

------------------
essenthy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25510

I would not recommend taking the time to rewire Reason in to FL studio. Especially if only for thor and subtraktor. There's just too many downsides and not enough benefits.

Automation will become more difficult. FL studio is hard enough to keep organized without messing with Reason.

And maybe the most significant reason not to mess with.. err... Reason, is that there are many synths out there that are better IMO. give sytrus and harmor a look. They are FL native synths and both are spectacular.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762791

What the guy above me said.
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024319

if theres no turning you against thor and subtractor then essenthy hit the nail on the head, but there are some great substitutes.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
eazypop
Microknight
The Hague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
if theres no turning you against thor and subtractor then essenthy hit the nail on the head, but there are some great substitutes.
like what?

------------------
Old 17-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazypop View Post
like what?
tell me what exactly you like about these 2 synths and i can give you some better suggestions

------------------
signature loading...
Old 17-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #10
jtregoat
Soundscaper
jtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MCjtregoat is a savage MC
New York City
MC Status: 3115731

Quote:
tell me what exactly you like about these 2 synths and i can give you some better suggestions
the interface!
jtregoat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
eazypop
Microknight
The Hague

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtregoat View Post
the interface!
Agreed

------------------
Old 17-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
Sentinel
Soundwave Mangler
Sentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MC
Granada, es
MC Status: 35899

If you're wanting to use them for making bass/reece etc for drum'n'bass or dub (whatever) then your best bet is to process, export, import, process until you have them something like & then import into FL sampler (no idea what it's called)

lot of producers use the export/import/process method for creating massive* basses; personally I like using audio splitters inside a combi to split frequencies & process them direct. - need a decent amount of cpu/ram to be able to get away without having to do export/import/process method mind & from sound of you saying your computer is too slow I'm guessing you don't.

As for interface: Reason's devices are based on actual hardware which is my main reason for liking/using reason (the cv wiring & normal wires - flip rack TAB - are fun to play with too)

I think NI Massive is decent enough substitute for Thor ?

Last edited by Sentinel; 17-12-2011 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: daft bloody spelling mistake - waldo ;P

------------------
Sentinel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #13
Parricide

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazypop View Post
Agreed
the interface for subtractor is similar to 99% of VST synth interfaces. as for thor, that one is a bit more difficult. the way thors routing works is pretty good.
rob papens predator can do similar things that thor allows you to with its interface, but in a different way. and camel audios alchemy can do what thor does but a hundred times better in my opinion. i have also heard that zebra is similar, but i havent tried it myself.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 17-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
Parricide

the thing i love most about reason is the combinator. it would be great to be able to do something similar with VSTs. maybe buzz can do this? i still havent got around to trying that yet

------------------
signature loading...
Old 17-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #15
Sentinel
Soundwave Mangler
Sentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MCSentinel is a savage MC
Granada, es

Quote:
the thing i love most about reason is the combinator. it would be great to be able to do something similar with VSTs. maybe buzz can do this? i still havent got around to trying that yet
Combinator is the holy grail of reason imho

most definitely the best device they've made to date, not sure about any of devices in record/reason 6 etc as not upgraded yet

------------------
Old 17-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
Blank^
Digital Surfer
Blank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MC
MC Status: 3839694

Quote:
the thing i love most about reason is the combinator. it would be great to be able to do something similar with VSTs.
Usine can combine and chain several VSTs to one interface, you can add controls and modulation to any parameters and you can design the GUI however you want. It's like Reaktor with VSTs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Blank^ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
Sentinel
Soundwave Mangler
Granada, es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank^ View Post
Usine can combine and chain several VSTs to one interface, you can add controls and modulation to any parameters and you can design the GUI however you want. It's like Reaktor with VSTs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
from sounds of the info on the page it's a vst builder/compiler?

says something about being able to export whatever you make as a dll file which can use in daw.
sounds quite nice but I rarely use vst so I'm not gonna look into it too much

------------------
Old 17-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
Blank^
Digital Surfer
Blank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MC
MC Status: 3839694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
says something about being able to export whatever you make as a dll file which can use in daw.
sounds quite nice but I rarely use vst so I'm not gonna look into it too much
Yes, you can either export a patch as a .dll or use the full Usine as a VST/VSTi to construct and use patches.

There are huge possibilities in that program when paired with a DAW, but at the same time it also makes it quite deep. I have it in case I want to construct a custom VST/processing chain that combines many VSTs under one interface and plug-in instance or if I want to combine multiple parameters under one control, like macros. And just to support the developer for a nice piece of software

Bunch of interesting add-ons/user patches as well ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
) and more are being developed all the time.

Last edited by Blank^; 17-12-2011 at 08:27 PM..
Blank^ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #19
Sentinel
Soundwave Mangler
Granada, es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank^ View Post
Yes, you can either export a patch as a .dll or use the full Usine as a VST/VSTi to construct and use patches.

There are huge possibilities in that program when paired with a DAW, but at the same time it also makes it quite deep. I have it in case I want to construct a custom VST/processing chain that combines many VSTs under one interface and plug-in instance or if I want to combine multiple parameters under one control, like macros.

Bunch of interesting add-ons/user patches as well ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
) and more are being developed all the time.

Does sound quite interesting
Just takes me ages to learn new things (shitty memory) which is one of other reasons I rarely use vst & stick with reason as it's what I know

but aye verrrrrrrr' interesting

------------------
Old 17-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
Parricide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Combinator is the holy grail of reason imho

most definitely the best device they've made to date, not sure about any of devices in record/reason 6 etc as not upgraded yet
me neither. i doubt i will either. i cant say i need reason, i mostly use it when i fancy a change

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...