FL studio sound quality vs other DAWs - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 20-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #41
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163741
Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,047 Posts
Re: FL studio sound quality vs other DAWs

Mac DAWs can have a characteristic sound for electronica that is hard to reproduce with at least the VST array I have for windows, think trentemoller and uberlab etc, but that's the only real diff I can think of. I have yet to come short of the sound I want in FL tho.. Although I have found that Reason have a better default sound on the mastering rack sometimes. But it has been many years ago since I tried Reason, Cubase or Sonar. I used to rewire them with FL and use Sonar for mastering and Reason's Redrum for beats and so on.

Here's a few FL examples of diff genres anyway..

Classical:

Ethnic:

Electronica:

Live big band glitch:

And so on.

Advertisements

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 02:13 AM   #42
aktiveight
Minor Glitch
aktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really nice
Philadephia
MC Status: 360

all DAWs have the same quality in sound. whether you're using PC, Mac, or Linux all sound qualities remain the same. the real difference is what output driver you're using. ASIO is the most popular output driver. if you're using your computer's internal output driver then you'll start to see some differences. in sound quality. also if you're bouncing to mp3 or wav files also make the difference. to get the best quality i would not decide on which DAW sounds better, i would look at buying hardware drivers so you'll get that studio quality sound.
:notafinga:
aktiveight is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 03:30 AM   #43
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

I think different DAWs still have different mixing buses. Or so I've heard.

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 03:30 PM   #44
SampleScienc
Knob Twiddler
SampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond repute
Canada
MC Status: 3060

I've never heard any differences between DAWs, except maybe Reason 4 which I didn't liked the sound, but it was probably the build instruments that I didn't like, not the actual sound output which sounded identical to me when playing drum samples in Reason and FL Studio (Fruity Loops 3 at the time).

------------------
SampleScienc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:19 PM   #45
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105318139
Thanked 1,000 Times in 790 Posts

Ive recently started to fuck around with ableton lite, as for any difference in the sound quality between it and FL Studio, I cant really say I can notice any difference. I will have to admit though, after overcoming the inital awkwardness of AL I am actually really impressed with the workflow so for me the difference lies in the visual aesthetics rather than the sound. (I should add that I am by no means even scratched the soiface of ableton)

Advertisements

jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote