Learning new things about your DAW - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 24-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #21
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts
Re: Learning new things about your DAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
wait, even though you have to click on the channel... you still want one of these?!?!?

seems a complete waste of money and time to me

how the fuck is a fader reaaaaally going to help you at all

EDIT: @dinosaur jesus: precision with your mix pfft its a fader mate it doesnt make your ears/accoustic environment better
Just wow!

Advertisements

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #22
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841

I have learned how to use the fruity formula controller to control parameters in different plugins at the same time. Ive also come up with creative uses of the fruity limiter.
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18030069

too much to mention, but i feel like i should add this to the thread...

regularly have a flick through your manual and learn something new about your DAW. even if its just one thing a week, all the little tips you learn add up and improve workflow and flexibility hugely.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #24
apstrougo
Minor Glitch
apstrougo is a jewel in the roughapstrougo is a jewel in the roughapstrougo is a jewel in the rough
Phoenix. Arizona
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
regularly have a flick through your manual and learn something new about your DAW. even if its just one thing a week, all the little tips you learn add up and improve workflow and flexibility hugely.
I totally agree with this one. Even when I'm at work (dayjob...away from my studio) I might pull up the manual's pdf online and read through procedure I already am familiar with. Every once in a while there's a new shortcut or a different workflow that I didn't notice the first time. Then, I'm excited to get home and try it out.
apstrougo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #25
davidnoakes
Minor Glitch
davidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MCdavidnoakes is a savage MC
Brighton
MC Status: 20048

I learnt some really cool things about massive recently and also just got Logic Pro 9 and a Mac after about 10 years of deciding to get one and loving it now!
davidnoakes is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #26
D_Davis
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 11124485
Thanked 1,136 Times in 828 Posts

A decent control surface for panning and volume, muting and soloing, can completely change your workflow. Even a cheap Korg Nanokontrol can open up all sorts of new possibilities. Having the ability to move 8 faders at once, and record the automation on the fly is pretty great.

------------------
D_Davis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #27
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269478708
Thanked 3,102 Times in 2,052 Posts

I just learned how to route audio back and forth between Live and Maschine, it's such a great fun.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #28
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1097447

I learned something cool about the EXS24 in Logic to get a really wide, great sounding instrument. Take a plucked string sound for example. Next, copy the track, adjust the pitch +6 or more, and then adjust the tune -6 or more (for however much you raise the pitch, make sure you lower the tune by the same amount). detune this lower by about 5 cents. High pass at around 750hz and pan hard left. Next, copy the original track again, and do the opposite - adjust the pitch -6 or more, and then adjust the tune +6 or more. Detune up at about 5 cents, high pass around 750hz, then hard pan right. Play all 3 tracks at once and your ears will thank you.

I have also taken this idea and used it similarly with other Logic instruments. Works great for clavs.

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #29
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5746293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I just learned how to route audio back and forth between Live and Maschine, it's such a great fun.

How are you liking the maschine? For the price tag in your opinion?

A while back, I was deciding between maschine, the s2 dj controller or monitors...I got the s2 and I'm ready to sell the thing...I chose poorly.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #30
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45947981
Thanked 5,796 Times in 3,640 Posts

Reaverb loads impulse response files. I was using voxengo boogex for years until I read about this. and Reaverb is slightly more accurate/dynamic in doing so.

Advertisements

Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote