Programming Drums in PT10
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 13-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
CowboySaluki
Radial Developer
CowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud of
Chicago/Tulsa
MC Status: 1279
Programming Drums in PT10

Is there a way to program drums into PT10? Ive been a reason user for the past year and a half, but just started attending flashpoint in chicago, and they made us get PT10. I like it, its great for recording and editing, but i program my own electronic music, i have synth plug ins and what not, but can't find shit for programming in drums. I don't really understand the whole rewiring concept and need to look into that further, but if you guys have any tips aside from rewire it to reason, i would greatly appreciate it. Or if you care to give a bit more explanation on rewiring reason to PT, id appreciate that as well.

Thanks.

Advertisements

CowboySaluki is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
Blank^
Digital Surfer
Blank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MC
MC Status: 3839694
Re: Programming Drums in PT10

Drums programming as in..?

Are you looking for an AAX sampler?

PT has a MIDI piano roll and you can also slice and arrange audio in it. It might not be the best for electronic music though.

ReWire lets you send MIDI from PT to Reason so you can sequence and automate Reason's instruments/fx from PT. Reason passes audio to PT through the hardware interface device.
Blank^ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
CowboySaluki
Radial Developer
CowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud ofCowboySaluki has much to be proud of
Chicago/Tulsa
MC Status: 1279

AAX sampler? Ill have to look that up. I can't seem to really find any drum plugins for PT. I didn't know i could use the piano roll to put in audio clips/samples (drum hits in this case). Im REALLY new to PT, and at school were learning it more for recording than for production. Actually doing my first recording session on thursday.
CowboySaluki is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
Blank^
Digital Surfer
Blank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MC
MC Status: 3839694

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboySaluki View Post
AAX sampler? Ill have to look that up. I can't seem to really find any drum plugins for PT. I didn't know i could use the piano roll to put in audio clips/samples (drum hits in this case).
Yes, you need a sampler plug-in for that. Pro Tools 10 uses the AAX plug-in format. You can't use MIDI without having a plug-in instrument, but you could arrange it all in just audio if you wanted to do it all in PT.

If you've got Reason or a VST-plugin compatible software on the computer, I'd recommend doing this stuff in another software or use ReWire in the case of Reason. It's less hassle and you can find plug-ins for the VST format much easier.

Last edited by Blank^; 14-02-2012 at 05:45 PM..

Advertisements

Blank^ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote