Software for collaboration over the internet?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 21-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Marb Legov
Minor Glitch
Marb Legov has a spectacular aura aboutMarb Legov has a spectacular aura aboutMarb Legov has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Software for collaboration over the internet?

Me and a mate talk a lot tru ventrilo and mumble. Is there some sort of software where u can work together on tracks and share the sound you are playing on the computer ?

Advertisements

Marb Legov is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026491
Thanked 7,181 Times in 4,468 Posts
Re: Software for colaboration tru the internet

http://www.ohmstudio.com/
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
Marb Legov
Minor Glitch
Marb Legov has a spectacular aura aboutMarb Legov has a spectacular aura aboutMarb Legov has a spectacular aura about

ty for your reply , we both use ableton , is this a music making program or just a tool to stream it tru or something ?
Old 21-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Jonathan
Sample Destroyer
Jonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MC
Québec
MC Status: 323781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marb Legov View Post
ty for your reply , we both use ableton , is this a music making program or just a tool to stream it tru or something ?
I clicked on the link for you and here what I got

"Ohm Studio is a digital audio workstation (DAW) as well as a service that hosts your projects and allows you to work online with partners from all over the world."

------------------
Jonathan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jonathan
deadmau7 (05-12-2014)
Old 21-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389798
Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,762 Posts
Re: Software for colaboration over the internet?

https://www.gobbler.com/ perhaps?

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
Marb Legov
Minor Glitch

i was a bit quick with the reply earlier. Both these programs/cloud utilities i think would work . Thnx for the great help !
Old 24-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
vit888
vit888 is a jewel in the roughvit888 is a jewel in the roughvit888 is a jewel in the rough
Barcelona
MC Status: 260

I know:

https://splice.com/ and https://blend.io/

------------------
vit888 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #8
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 18760

microsoft need to bring back msn messenger it was perfect for this.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #9
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
microsoft need to bring back msn messenger it was perfect for this.
Didn't they buy the swedish Skype for like 30 gazillion dollars?

------------------
Old 24-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #10
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC

yea they bought skype but everyone knows that msn messenger was way way better, as you dint necessarily need a camera to chat to people and you can drag and drop rar and zip files with in an instant.
Also it was extreamly light aswell on resources unlike skype which even on the windows 8 version can use up to 3 gigs of ram just using the app alone.
Old 24-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #11
Evelon
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
yea they bought skype but everyone knows that msn messenger was way way better, as you dint necessarily need a camera to chat to people and you can drag and drop rar and zip files with in an instant.
Also it was extreamly light aswell on resources unlike skype which even on the windows 8 version can use up to 3 gigs of ram just using the app alone.
Yeah, I miss MSN messenger. Heck, I even miss mp3.com, mIRC, ICQ, Napster, Kazaa, etc.
http://www.oldversion.com/
http://www.oldversion.com/windows/msn-messenger/

------------------
Old 24-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #12
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

Napster strangely enough is still going there a rival to spotify now, theyve gone down that road.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #13
philc
IDMf Supporter
philc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud of
Montana
MC Status: 1310

I'm using splice it's pretty nifty.

Quote:
mIRC, ICQ, Napster, Kazaa, etc.
Ahh, the memories
philc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #14
inoxia
Regular Freak
inoxia will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Software for collaboration over the internet?

You can try copperlan. Its freeware and allows you to connect everything to everything. You won't be able to work in one daw. But you can setup a channel in one daw to recieve audio from another and vice versa that way you can still work on the same beat. Still you wont be able to see what the other is doing just hear...so maybe not what your looking for it works very nice when you are sitting next to someone else tho.

I also heared not sure tho that bitwig will get this option somewhere in the future.
inoxia is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #15
Autokinoton
Minor Glitch
Autokinoton is a name known to allAutokinoton is a name known to allAutokinoton is a name known to allAutokinoton is a name known to allAutokinoton is a name known to allAutokinoton is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

I've only used splice and it seems pretty useful but I ended up uninstalling it because it wants more updates than flash and java and started getting on my nerves. Now my collaborators and I just remote into server we've got set up with Ableton and work from there.
Autokinoton is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #16
Kenophos
Granular Poster
Kenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoxia View Post
YI also heared not sure tho that bitwig will get this option somewhere in the future.
Yeah, their FAQ says:
Quote:
WHEN WILL THE COLLABORATION FEATURE BECOME AVAILABLE?

This feature is planned for future versions of Bitwig Studio.

It's been there for a while, though. I think this is going to require a few more years of waiting, sadly.
Kenophos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #17
philc
IDMf Supporter
philc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud ofphilc has much to be proud of
Montana
MC Status: 1310

So, I've had this idea for a while and finally figured out how to make it happen with Ableton. The only problem is it's a big task, and a lot of code needs to be written. Too big of a project for me to do alone. However, it is possible. I wrote a proof of concept that allowed me to remotely control my friends ableton through the internet using nothing but code.

In essence, it's possible for two people (or more for that matter) to work on the same track, at the same time, through the internet w/ Ableton. PersonA makes a modification, and the modification shows up on PersonB's ableton session and vice versa in realtime.

Anyone wanna fund me?
philc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #18
istinspring
Minor Glitch
istinspring has a spectacular aura aboutistinspring has a spectacular aura about
Ko Samui / Thailand
MC Status: 160

Splice is pretty cool. Usually people bouncing all sounds to WAV and exchainge relatively simple project without synths or any 3rd party effect plugins.
istinspring is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #19
Caoutchou
Minor Glitch
Caoutchou will become famous soon enoughCaoutchou will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by philc View Post
So, I've had this idea for a while and finally figured out how to make it happen with Ableton. The only problem is it's a big task, and a lot of code needs to be written. Too big of a project for me to do alone. However, it is possible. I wrote a proof of concept that allowed me to remotely control my friends ableton through the internet using nothing but code.

In essence, it's possible for two people (or more for that matter) to work on the same track, at the same time, through the internet w/ Ableton. PersonA makes a modification, and the modification shows up on PersonB's ableton session and vice versa in realtime.

Anyone wanna fund me?
Just imagine if Ableton actually did this, would be amazeballs. There's definitely tons of ppl asking for it and with cloud-based syncs becoming more and more important and prominent, who knows how soon they might look into it.

Advertisements

Caoutchou is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote