[jazzy breaks bass music]-NOWFEEL-Feel It Coming
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 06-08-2017, 03:33 AM   #1
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260
[jazzy breaks bass music]-NOWFEEL-Feel It Coming

this is a track I built around a harp loop that a pitched down and chopped to bits. Im still going to be adding some original vocals with my sisters. Adding some harmonies and riffing of the pluck melody at points. I really like this song and want to make as good as possible so any feedback would help me out.

Here is a private link to the track , enjoy

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [jazzy breaks bass music]-NOWFEEL-Feel It Coming.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: [jazzy breaks bass music]-NOWFEEL-Feel It Coming

It should be just perfect with the vocals of the girls. But I already like the idea, thanks for the fresh track)
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
Xinus
Granular Poster
Xinus has a spectacular aura aboutXinus has a spectacular aura about
Copenhagen
MC Status: 160

Nice production! I like the downtempo part a lot. Well done!

------------------
Xinus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Great electronic track good job
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:43 PM   #5
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelina View Post
It should be just perfect with the vocals of the girls. But I already like the idea, thanks for the fresh track)
Thanks man! , if you have any ideas give em to me now before i start recording this week, either way excited to get my sisters to finally sing on a track

------------------
Old 08-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #6
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
Winnipeg

Doing a vocal session tomorrow with my sisters for this tune, any more feedback before I record would really help out , thanks everyone

Here's the Private Link
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by strangerflesh; 08-08-2017 at 03:43 PM..

------------------
Old 12-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #7
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelina View Post
Thank you

------------------
Old 13-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #8
Black-Antlers
Minor Glitch
Black-Antlers will become famous soon enoughBlack-Antlers will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Its got a fourtet/ bonobo feel to it and I like that. You may want to side chain a few elements to the kick, even lightly so that they poke through a bit more. Or give the kicks a bit more weight somehow. You could even side chain just the mids and lows of instruments so it doenst give it the typical side chain sound. I know bonobo does this a lot.

As for vocals it will be interesting to see what you come up with. I myself am not huge on singing in the typical sense. I might be tempted to just record her singing, then take little bits and pieces and loop things sort of like fourtet's love cry.

Great stuff though. Very good melodically.
Black-Antlers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #9
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Antlers View Post
Its got a fourtet/ bonobo feel to it and I like that. You may want to side chain a few elements to the kick, even lightly so that they poke through a bit more. Or give the kicks a bit more weight somehow. You could even side chain just the mids and lows of instruments so it doenst give it the typical side chain sound. I know bonobo does this a lot.

As for vocals it will be interesting to see what you come up with. I myself am not huge on singing in the typical sense. I might be tempted to just record her singing, then take little bits and pieces and loop things sort of like fourtet's love cry.

Great stuff though. Very good melodically.
Agreed about the drums (KICK in particular). There's no real side chaining going on until the more dancy part of the track at the end. I may try some more parallel compression and fine tuning my EQ to bite through the mix a wee more.How do you side chain just the mids and lows ? if you know the technique in abelton i'd love to try it out! With the vocals im not sure what I'll do yet . scheduled to record this weekend now. Probably just get a bunch of harmonies and the chop them up to Hi Heaven. Thanks for the feedback

Last edited by strangerflesh; 14-08-2017 at 05:12 PM..

------------------
Old 15-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #10
PostPone
Minor Glitch
PostPone has a spectacular aura aboutPostPone has a spectacular aura aboutPostPone has a spectacular aura about
Sydney
MC Status: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Agreed about the drums (KICK in particular). There's no real side chaining going on until the more dancy part of the track at the end. I may try some more parallel compression and fine tuning my EQ to bite through the mix a wee more.How do you side chain just the mids and lows ? if you know the technique in abelton i'd love to try it out! With the vocals im not sure what I'll do yet . scheduled to record this weekend now. Probably just get a bunch of harmonies and the chop them up to Hi Heaven. Thanks for the feedback
Not an Abelton user, but you would do this like a regular side-chain but with a multi-band compressor inserted on the channel you're ducking, instead of a regular compressor. Just activate the bands you wish to use. I think your track is stand-out! Nice work.

------------------
PostPone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #11
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostPone View Post
Not an Abelton user, but you would do this like a regular side-chain but with a multi-band compressor inserted on the channel you're ducking, instead of a regular compressor. Just activate the bands you wish to use. I think your track is stand-out! Nice work.
Thanks man! I figured that was how to go about it, gonna give it a try today and see how it works. Thanks for the info and the listen

Advertisements

------------------