Behringer's Minimoog Model D??
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:45 AM   #1
destinationsoun
Minor Glitch
destinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760
Behringer's Minimoog Model D??

Sorry if this is a duplicate. Tried searching and didn't see anything.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I imagine since it's Behringer, replacing the power supply and capacitors will be a must

But holy crap; can't believe they are doing this before any other mainstream company... and with midi? I dont think there is any reason why i would not get this.

What does everyone think??

Advertisements

------------------
destinationsoun is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:48 AM   #2
beautifulhurl
Regular Freak
beautifulhurl is a jewel in the roughbeautifulhurl is a jewel in the roughbeautifulhurl is a jewel in the rough
Baltimore
MC Status: 260
Re: Behringer's Minimoog Model D??

i think they're going to sell a ton of them. i might buy one for my own studio

they've got the sound nearly there, and it's too cheap to not tempt 95% of the gear heads out there. i'm glad that analog got back into style enough to where we're seeing the benefits of modern industrial work. i think this could mark a big shift in direction for behringer.
beautifulhurl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:57 AM   #3
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8524380
Thanked 6,669 Times in 4,756 Posts

Personally at that price point I am more interested in the new Novation monosynth or the Korg Monologue (onboard sequencers on both), but this new Behringer offering does sound damn good.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:08 AM   #4
destinationsoun
Minor Glitch
destinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulhurl View Post
i think they're going to sell a ton of them. i might buy one for my own studio

they've got the sound nearly there, and it's too cheap to not tempt 95% of the gear heads out there. i'm glad that analog got back into style enough to where we're seeing the benefits of modern industrial work. i think this could mark a big shift in direction for behringer.
Dude I totally agree. I think this might reinvigorate their brand. I know I hate their stuff cuz it's cheap and sounds horrible. Possibly this could mark a new era of care and quality.

------------------
destinationsoun is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:43 AM   #5
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Behringer does have some overall inexpensive, yet quality pieces of gear. A lot of their stuff us basically garbage as well. Just need to fins the diamonds in the rough.

------------------
Old 04-08-2017, 02:43 AM   #6
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 18760

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Personally at that price point I am more interested in the new Novation monosynth or the Korg Monologue (onboard sequencers on both), but this new Behringer offering does sound damn good.
I know you already have one, but the ms-20 mini is good in the price range too, I'm considering one. I saw a white edition on ebay for $350, and how can I not spring for that when my name is white noise?

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:47 AM   #7
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I know you already have one, but the ms-20 mini is good in the price range too, I'm considering one. I saw a white edition on ebay for $350, and how can I not spring for that when my name is white noise?
A fine point! The MS20 is much more my style than a Moog. Basically Id only want a Moog for bass. But Monark sorts that for me.

The MS20 is delightly a bit unusual. Nosiy. Squelchy. Ring Mod. You can feed ths signal back into itself.

------------------
Old 06-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 6710

Certainly worth checking out at that price point. I wonder if this is the year where Moog's patent on the ladder filter expires? Would explain the clone. I love my Voyager, but if I didn't have it, I would be all over checking this out and spending much less. The voyager has been super stable and not flaked out on me ever, which is the only Moog product I can say that about. I wonder what the Behringer is like for oscillator stability?
envelope3 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #9
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10531101

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
I wonder what the Behringer is like for oscillator stability?
If their stable then it wouldn't be a very good clone.

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:09 AM   #10
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 49410

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
The Monologue is a fine synth. Very capable, and I sorely regret not really utilizing it. An embarrassment of riches, for me, really. I'm also a big fan of the Moog Minitaur. I think I'll get me a Moogerfooger ladder filter. It's got its unique character, which I'm a total sucker for.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote