Subsonic Transducers
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 24-07-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2710
Subsonic Transducers

Which sub did you go with? Why?

I choose for my first sub to be the presonus tremblor t10 which i just purchased used, as an open box, for under 290$....

I decided to get this sub because of the reviews regarding its value... a great sounding sub for the money.

I want to get an ADAM 10inch sub but atm, 1500$ is a bit of an investment for one speaker box... I need a few other things first, like my uad plugins and accelerator, and the midi control surfaces...

and finishing the acoustic treatment.

I cant wait for it to get here! hope its not too loud for my neighbors... lol

I gotta figure out where to put it now... and for that, I need to do a bit of research on that front. If anyone has some resources or guides or articles, pictures, etc related, please feel free to share

Advertisements

Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 102200
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,330 Posts
Re: Subsonic Transducers

Subpac is hugely popular with good reviews from people I know. I've never used it. It seems like it would take some getting used to. Good for apartments, night time sessions, people who are on the road I guess?
I'm using a home theatre sub that's probably isn't accurate at all and reference later in my car which has a sealed 15 on 400W. Headphones go faaairly low, but it's not the same.

------------------

Submissions end August 31st!
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
Lotus_Jewel (24-07-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth

since i got it home i was surprised... tbh its way to big... not in physical size but ah, it put a lot of bass out. i have it practically near it lowest setting possible, around -27 db @ 100 hz on the crossover. she hits hards and deep thats for sure, cant even get it past 0db, just dont want to be a dick lol haha i like living here.

since i got it running and positioned correctly, besides the fact i could benefit from spike feet, i went and added the changes to my tracks. seems like i was WAY off, of course, but i didnt think it would have been by that much.

im glad i got one, i can tell how much you need one to be really accurate. i can also tell i could benefit from a better sub... but before i can do that i need a real studio where i can properly house one.

------------------
Old 02-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #4
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 18760

I've glanced at these babies a few times, but I'm frankly unsure of where they stand as far as shipping the darned things is concerned. Seems like a subpac for your head from what I gather.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

That said, I use headphones, about half of mine let me hear sub okay. It's taken me a few years to learn what's right down there mostly by trial and error when I get to hear my stuff on bigger systems or get input from the LB.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #5
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I've glanced at these babies a few times, but I'm frankly unsure of where they stand as far as shipping the darned things is concerned. Seems like a subpac for your head from what I gather.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

That said, I use headphones, about half of mine let me hear sub okay. It's taken me a few years to learn what's right down there mostly by trial and error when I get to hear my stuff on bigger systems or get input from the LB.
ive read a lot of material on using cans... vs using monitors. im fond of the sony 7506's and have used them since i was a kid, different headphones but the same make and model. i love them but they lack emphasis. so i can hear well with them but its not an accurate representation of consumer grade electronics. i use a second pair of cans for that though, they are just regular old cheap headphones, but have a good bass and high end emphasis.

as for using headphones as a substitute though, i havent seen anyone recommend it. ive already read, its okay to compare to, or get a reference, but not to finalize with...

in nature, we have space between the sources of sound, and that physics cant be perfectly replicated in headphone technology. there is a reason we use them but we dont solely rely on them. ive done it though, ive made music on them, ive dj'd on them too, they are not dj headphones... lol

but having a sub, is far reaching over headphones imho. having a room built to size and treated with a properly positioned system will provide better reference. now im not saying that to just bust anyones ass... you can make great sounding music on cans and it be fine, maybe even unnoticeable... im sure its possible. but getting a studio should be something you all seek if you want to take music production to the next level.

now that i have this sub in, i have no idea how the hell i lived without it. all my music by comparison are way off, old studio, old rooms, older gear, no sub. vs my setup now. wow. like night and day. this is why i think an emphasis is placed on subs and monitors ... in a treated room. i feel like i can actually start making music that sounds right, and good, from the get go.

Advertisements

------------------