[Ambient/WallofSound] The Deadly Rhythm - Inside (Idea)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-07-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
MC Status: 2010
[Ambient/WallofSound] The Deadly Rhythm - Inside (Idea)

EDIT:

Newest version

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Just wondering if the change mid way in this song is too forced or not?

Last edited by Deadly Rhythm; 11-09-2017 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: fixed title

Advertisements

Deadly Rhythm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient/WallofSound] The Deadly Rhythm - Inside (Idea).
Old 23-07-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
Re: [Ambient/WallofSound] The Deadly Rhythm, Inside (Idea)

This is only half finished at the mo too. I've shortened each section so you get the idea. Still sounds like I need to pitch the bass too in places. Does it sound out of tune to anyone else?

EDIT: It's finished

Last edited by Deadly Rhythm; 28-07-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Old 23-07-2017, 01:10 AM   #3
HypnoticImplant
Analog Lurker
HypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

So I gave this track a listen and at first I was a bit like "meh", but then the beat came in and some good things along with it. The second part sounds cool, like a post-rock track, very atmospheric, too.

To me it feels like you have two different pieces bundled together. How about you develop each idea separately and make two tracks instead of one? Alternatively you could expand the piece and make it at least twice as long to give all your ideas enough time and space to unfold during the listening process. Definitely a good piece of music, though.

Last edited by HypnoticImplant; 23-07-2017 at 05:55 AM..

------------------
HypnoticImplant is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoticImplant View Post
So I gave this track a listen and at first I was a bit like "meh", but then the beat came in and some good things along with it. The second part sounds cool, like a post-rock track, very atmospheric, too.

To me it feels like you have two different pieces bundled together. How about you develop each idea separately and make two tracks instead of one? Alternatively you could expand the piece and make it at least twice as long to give all your ideas enough time and space to unfold during the listening process. Definitely a good piece of music, though.
I may give both those suggestions a go. I do already have a longer version but it's still just as disjointed tbh. It may have to be an 10 min + track.

Yeah the second half is where I actually started writing the song but felt I was giving too much away too soon but found it hard to write another section to go with it, and it shows.

Cheers for the suggestions though, I think you're right. I'll get back to the drawing board tomorrow and post up in a couple of days.
Old 24-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #5
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237756

Super cool dark haunting cinematic mood particularly in the second part!
This 2nd half just doesn't need the first one, thus I'd expand on this 2nd part and detach the first half.

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #6
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

So I've created 2 definitive parts for the track. I tried having them as separated tracks which kinda worked but it sounded better rolled into one. If I release this properly then it'll be split into two. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Deadly Rhythm; 11-09-2017 at 07:55 PM..
Old 25-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #7
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237756

Works well for me...
Soundtrack for conspirative affairs

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #8
Adelina
Microknight
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoticImplant View Post

I like the track. So light)
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #9
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelina View Post
I like the track. So light)
Cheers Adeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen View Post
Works well for me...
Soundtrack for conspirative affairs
Thank you Morgen.

Last edited by Deadly Rhythm; 27-07-2017 at 12:24 AM..
Old 27-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #10
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Is this like dub techno ? Cause it has that feeling. I like the sound very much ! Not too repetetive or something. Conastant change in track is cool Nice.
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #11
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilius J View Post
Is this like dub techno ? Cause it has that feeling. I like the sound very much ! Not too repetetive or something. Conastant change in track is cool Nice.
Thank you Vilius.

I would love to know what genre to fit this under. It would make my life easier explaining it to people. I guess it's got that constant kick that represents some kind of Techno vibe but I don't know hehe.
Old 28-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #12
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Rhythm View Post
EDIT:

Newest version

Just wondering if the change mid way in this song is too forced or not?

i left some comments on your SC... but this is well done and i thought there were a few parts that had me spaced out... in other words i feel i was in understanding with what you were saying, or where in life that came from,... good song man.

------------------
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #13
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 30810

The first four minutes were a dud for me. Just not really my thing.

The last four were epic and awesome and I wish there'd been a lot more of that.

I also don't feel like the two parts compliment or support each other. They sound like two separate tracks that just happen to play one after another. 4:27 was the turning point for me.

I really, really like that second part, though. The bass really just ties the whole thing together nicely.

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #14
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_Jewel View Post
i left some comments on your SC... but this is well done and i thought there were a few parts that had me spaced out... in other words i feel i was in understanding with what you were saying, or where in life that came from,... good song man.
Thank you Lotus_Jewel. Just spotted your comments on SC. I really appreciate that.

Yeah, I tend to lay down music when I'm feeling at my lowest. I seem to write better but they're certainly not upbeat.

Thanks again.

Jonny.
Old 28-07-2017, 10:20 PM   #15
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
The first four minutes were a dud for me. Just not really my thing.

The last four were epic and awesome and I wish there'd been a lot more of that.

I also don't feel like the two parts compliment or support each other. They sound like two separate tracks that just happen to play one after another. 4:27 was the turning point for me.

I really, really like that second part, though. The bass really just ties the whole thing together nicely.
Cheers for the honesty. I was really sitting on the fence with the first part whilst writing it. I'm actually surprised with how different the two sections sounded. For what I remember, I only changed either the major third to a minor or the major fifth to a minor. After hearing it a thousand times I ended up enjoying the contrast but I certainly understand it's not going to be to everyone's taste. I'm super happy you like the second part though. After the final listen when I was finishing the mix, I had that eureka moment. I'm very proud of that piece.

Cheers x

Last edited by Deadly Rhythm; 28-07-2017 at 10:50 PM..
Old 29-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #16
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Rhythm View Post
Thank you Vilius.

I would love to know what genre to fit this under. It would make my life easier explaining it to people. I guess it's got that constant kick that represents some kind of Techno vibe but I don't know hehe.
Sounds good to me anyways tho !
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 11:37 PM   #17
-Agu-
Soundwave Mangler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 4160
Re: [Ambient/WallofSound] The Deadly Rhythm - Inside (Idea)

Cool stuff. Loving these resonant/vocal atmospherics & post-rock vibe & dark chords on the second part. Really makes the difference imo.

I kinda agree with Artificer tbh. I usually prefer original versions over radio edits, but in this case I don't think it would have been a bad idea at all, if you would have deleted everything from 00:00 to 03:12. The second part is just sooooo good.

------------------
-Agu- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #18
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Sorry to drag this out again...I sent this off to a dude in Atlanta to get it mastered. Im pretty chuffed with the result. The end section now sounds huge! I've since released it as a single too. Hopefully you'll all like it.

Old 20-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #19
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 6710

Sounds very nice and particularly that second half really works well. Love the whole deep emotional atmosphere you achieved from it.

Advertisements

------------------
Newest Track: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime 'Future DnB Remix')

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote