Beat Battle 61 - Calling all the MelloHeadz and Foley's.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 21-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1831277
Beat Battle 61 - Calling all the MelloHeadz and Foley's.

Beat Battle Sixty One

Calling all the MelloHeadz and Foley's.

THE RULES

1. One of my all time favourite chill-out albums is by KLF - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
    . Take note and think ambient. Your track must be ambient, down-tempo, easy listening, chill-out, soundscape, whatever floats you boat. This is about making a track that you sit back, close your eyes and takes you on a journey. The idea with this is all submissions will be different sounding, but similar enough that they could be blended into one long soundtrack of different tracks.
  2. Only the sounds in the sample pack are to be used. You can apply effects. Load them into samplers/synths. You are not allow to user any other synth additions /sound sources i.e: waveforms, samples, instruments, etc. This is all about mixing the sounds you have into something musical and rhythmical.
  3. There are no drum samples with intention, your 'beats' are to be made up from finding your own rhythms within the samples and timbres you make. Use delays, reveebs, modulators and so on to create your space. That's it. No time limits, tempos, track construction.

As an idea and only and idea. Once you have finished your composition, export the stems for each part and keep it or send to me as a link. I have an idea (I'm thinking concept) which don't come too often!

THE SAMPLES

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Saturday.
Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day Wednesday.

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day Friday.

The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day Saturday to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED PEOPLE AND CHANGE IS GOOD!

All times are UTC.

THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.
[QUOTE]Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

Last edited by MFXxx; 21-07-2017 at 10:53 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 12:41 AM   #2
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69879369
Re: Beat Battle 61 - Calling all the MelloHeadz and Foley's.

I totally read this as calling all
and

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to brb
MFXxx (22-07-2017)
Old 22-07-2017, 02:16 AM   #3
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 7110

pür müds

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 09:49 PM   #4
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11470754

Purrrr muddles

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness
FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to I/O_Madness
Tsachi (25-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 01:17 AM   #5
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69879369

Unzipping the folder containing the folder containing the zip containing the folder containing the folder containing the samples.

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to brb
I/O_Madness (23-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 06:46 AM   #6
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb View Post
Unzipping the folder containing the folder containing the zip containing the folder containing the folder containing the samples.
It's one of those Russian Dolls

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 23-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #7
MobileOak
Analog Lurker
MobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud of
Seattle
MC Status: 1260

I can't seem to find the pan flute sample in the pack.
MobileOak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MobileOak
brb (24-07-2017)
Old 24-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #8
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 170460
Thanked 3,409 Times in 2,545 Posts

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
MFXxx (24-07-2017)
Old 24-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Heehee. Thought you'd be over this!

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
A.M (24-07-2017)
Old 25-07-2017, 12:32 AM   #10
Neuralsphere
Soundwave Mangler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 7610

Want to get in on this... How much data is the download? Currently having to replace alot of cables, as somehow the dog got in and chewed through 3 HDMI's, power cable, 2 firewires, tv power, aux cable and speakers power cable - headphones are intact but yeah (thankfully I disconnect everything from sockets as I'm a church mouse these days... So Fido is fine phew) I will be hunting for new cables but I also gotta top up data... Would help greatly if anyone could let me know so I can try minimise cost, cheers

------------------
Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 12:55 AM   #11
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
Want to get in on this... How much data is the download? Currently having to replace alot of cables, as somehow the dog got in and chewed through 3 HDMI's, power cable, 2 firewires, tv power, aux cable and speakers power cable - headphones are intact but yeah (thankfully I disconnect everything from sockets as I'm a church mouse these days... So Fido is fine phew) I will be hunting for new cables but I also gotta top up data... Would help greatly if anyone could let me know so I can try minimise cost, cheers
Approx just under half a gig. Bow if you wish, as it did cross my mind, I can reduce the biter ate from 32 to 16 for people and have a second link. Let me know if needed.

Sent from my scrotum using Tapatalk

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
Neuralsphere (26-07-2017)
Old 25-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #12
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9860

Reveebs and biter ate - the movie

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #13
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute

on ice

------------------

Thanks to Tsachi
I/O_Madness (25-07-2017)
Old 25-07-2017, 07:51 AM   #14
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Yep tapatalk typos. ...gerr

------------------
Old 25-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #15
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
on ice
a one-of-a-kind spectacle never seen before, first time touring internationally

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Thanks to I/O_Madness
Tsachi (01-08-2017)
Old 26-07-2017, 02:21 AM   #16
Neuralsphere
Soundwave Mangler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 7610

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Approx just under half a gig. Bow if you wish, as it did cross my mind, I can reduce the biter ate from 32 to 16 for people and have a second link. Let me know if needed.

No worries pal, very chuffed with raiding the pennies and not even touching the bank. Switched to O2 for a better data bundle, got some refurbished HDMI cables from someone with a hell of a lot more patience than me, picked up 4 for a tenner, dug out an old aux thats seen better days but still works fine, and fixed the power cables myself... though they're now running through a power surge protected gang extension... sigh... FL studio won't bloody open now. Will get on the downloading tomorrow, its been too long a day as is. Cheers for coming back to me on that though buddy, should be fine with half a gig for this... assuming I don't have to fix FL now too.

------------------
Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Neuralsphere
MFXxx (29-07-2017)
Old 28-07-2017, 04:50 AM   #17
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver

so are ableton live's corpus and resonators considered cheating or nah?

------------------

Old 28-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #18
Tsachi
i don't understand

no : ^ )

------------------

Thanks to Tsachi
7asid (28-07-2017)
Old 29-07-2017, 10:02 AM   #19
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

How are people getting on with this one? Usable etc

------------------
Old 29-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #20
7asid
Knob Twiddler
Vancouver

Ive got a few barely related scetches strewn about my timeline that i will scramble to connect in a wild panic last second as per usual. Or who knows i might find a few hours to do a proper thing. I keep side chaining stuff all over the place and running out of cpu. I wish i could take the plunge and resample shit more often.

Advertisements

------------------