PÜR MOODS 2017
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 14-07-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 105850
Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,368 Posts
PÜR MOODS 2017

Who's ready for the next Compilation?

This project is all about the A E S T H E T I C.

New Age Music for 2017 and on.

From the wiki linked below:
Pure Moods was the first United States release of a series of compilation albums of new-age music released by Virgin Records. The original was titled "Moods – A contemporary Soundtrack"[2] and released in the UK in 1991. This was followed by Moods 2 in 1992.[3] The series focuses on the genres of new-age, ambient, world music, and to a lesser extent, downtempo, trip-hop and smooth jazz. Several artists are featured regularly throughout the series such as Massive Attack, Moby, Delerium, Enigma, Enya, Adiemus, Sacred Spirit and Yanni.

The original volume of the series was initially promoted and sold by direct response television commercials. The first volume was initially released in 1994, with a different track listing to the 1997 re-release. There are nine albums released by Virgin Records in the series — five "main entry" albums and four spin-off albums (Celtic, Scottish, Instrumental) and Christmas. "Scottish Moods" stands alone as an album featuring a single performer, David Methen and The Munros, while all the others are albums featuring multiple groups.

Pinnacle Records has released a similarly named series of albums using the "Pure x Moods" naming scheme, such as "Pure Rock Moods", "Pure Tranquil Moods", etc. but these albums are unrelated to the series released by Virgin Records.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Listen to the track list or other music on the track list for inspiration, but this being 2017(20 Years later), there is some freedom to interpret what New Age means now.

Feel welcome to include modern meme music that is on the relaxing side of the spectrum.
Yes, Vapourwave, Synthwave, Chillwave, Wavewave, etc are all welcome!!!! Seapunk? I don't even really know. Definitely not Witch House though.

The rules:
Songs are due by Thursday, August 31st Midnight PST
Songs should be in wav/aif/flac format - something uncompressed that Bandcamp will let me upload.
Songs should sound the way you want them to - there will be no professional masterizing or even LANDR.
Songs are once again owned by you, with rights to be used by me for purposes related to this compilation. Feel free to share them/sell them on any platform you like a month after this project releases!
Multiple submissions are allowed, but it is possible that only one may end up on the final tracklist (depending on number of entries)
PM me an UNRELEASED, private link to your song with the information I will need.

As always, thread will be updated with info as needed, comment here with excitement, questions, criticisms, and tomfoolery.

Last edited by Oatbag; 14-07-2017 at 05:15 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 175310
Thanked 3,506 Times in 2,618 Posts
Re: PÜR MOODS 2017

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834877

On it like a beetle bonnet!
:notafinga:

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
Oatbag (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

YAY!!! NÜ AGE!!?

A Future Music compilation with New Age influences, or a New Age compilation with Future Music influences? What if it's like a work in progress from 5 years ago but was 6 years ahead of it's time? Is there a tempo limit? I'm assuming this is like an anti to the last compilation, this is more about the brighter higher feelings than the dirty low ones so to say? I haven't really got a clue with all these sub genres these days . Plus I suck at Smooth Jazz... well... yeah I just suck at Jazz...

------------------
Soundcloud|You Tube|How Do Music|Broken Beats (D&B Comp)|BB64
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Neuralsphere
Oatbag (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8534080
Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
YAY!!! NÜ AGE!!?

A Future Music compilation with New Age influences, or a New Age compilation with Future Music influences? What if it's like a work in progress from 5 years ago but was 6 years ahead of it's time? Is there a tempo limit? I'm assuming this is like an anti to the last compilation, this is more about the brighter higher feelings than the dirty low ones so to say? I haven't really got a clue with all these sub genres these days . Plus I suck at Smooth Jazz... well... yeah I just suck at Jazz...

Just think of what some skinny hipster with a man bun would listen to whilst doing yoga.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 07:47 PM   #6
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Just think of what some skinny hipster with a man bun would listen to whilst doing yoga.

..or what some hairy shaggy would listen to while stoned.

It's a big park and the ball is out there somewhere.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #7
A.M

Can't make up my mind if I want to do a tonal thing for this or a more melodic piece..one or the other..don't want to do both, as I want to really get into producing just one track for this. Started sketching out one of each and both look like they're going somewhere..just can't make up my mind which to focus on.

Early days still, so plenty of time to pick one.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Oatbag (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast

My only idea right now involves a sample I want to use. But yeah pretty much what relic said - you can largely do whatever you want with this one as the genre is pretty loosey goosey. It should be on the relaxing spectrum of music, but other than that... Post-New Age? Future New Age?

Some trendy ass herbal tea-bar should be playing your song if you do it right. Alternatively, kids on youtube will be going nuts over it while saying A E S T H E T I C and adding random Japanese Kanji to the sing title while wearing jackets that look like Arizona Iced Tea cans.

------------------
Old 14-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #9
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
My only idea right now involves a sample I want to use. But yeah pretty much what relic said - you can largely do whatever you want with this one as the genre is pretty loosey goosey. It should be on the relaxing spectrum of music, but other than that... Post-New Age? Future New Age?

Some trendy ass herbal tea-bar should be playing your song if you do it right. Alternatively, kids on youtube will be going nuts over it while saying A E S T H E T I C and adding random Japanese Kanji to the sing title while wearing jackets that look like Arizona Iced Tea cans.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Oatbag (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #10
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Best Coast

You know, though not the graphic that I was thinking of, that would probably sell as a jacket.

------------------
Old 14-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
You know, though not the graphic that I was thinking of, that would probably sell as a jacket.
Nah. I knew what you meant, I just thought it was funny I was drinking something from Arizona Tea.

LOL @ the clothing on that website.

------------------
Old 15-07-2017, 01:06 AM   #12
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands

Thought I'd share some Bonobo & Nujabes... I'm going for this style... ish... If that's agreeable?

------------------

Old 15-07-2017, 01:14 AM   #13
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Best Coast

Sounds legit for 2017 new age! I don't know how they would feel about being described as that but... haha it works.

Last edited by Oatbag; 15-07-2017 at 01:52 AM..

------------------
Thanks to Oatbag
Neuralsphere (15-07-2017)
Old 15-07-2017, 01:32 AM   #14
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Oh fuck yes Bonobo!

------------------
Old 15-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #15
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37710

Time to take a good song, slow it down, and call it mine 8===D

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #16
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Time to take a good song, slow it down, and call it mine 8===D
Paulstretch is gonna be put through its paces on this one :problemofficer:

------------------

Old 15-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #17
Metaside
Soundscaper
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6310

Nice idea... I'm in!

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #18
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377567

This is my thing! I'm back baby!

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #19
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Currently mocking up sounds to use... Would love to listen to what everyone else finds to be a source of inspiration. Cheers

------------------

Thanks to Neuralsphere
Oatbag (16-07-2017)
Old 16-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #20
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834877

One of my all time nostalgic favourites

DJ Food - The Crow [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
Currently mocking up sounds to use... Would love to listen to what everyone else finds to be a source of inspiration. Cheers

Tyko - Awake album

The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld

Cafe Del Mar - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Enigma - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

KLF - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Massive Attack - Mezzanine - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Morcheeba - Big Calm - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Groove Armada - By The River [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Anything in this list for Trip Hop heads

Going to throw in Roni Size/ Reprezents - Brown Paper Bag - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote