[EDM] Hatter - Enter Darkness
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
DJ Andee
Knob Twiddler
DJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MC
South Texas
MC Status: 247250
[EDM] Hatter - Enter Darkness

Remastered

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Original - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by DJ Andee; 14-07-2017 at 09:09 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
DJ Andee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to DJ Andee
A.M (10-07-2017)
Rate this track - [EDM] Hatter - Enter Darkness.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8532980
Thanked 6,841 Times in 4,870 Posts
Re: [EDM] Hatter - Enter Darkness

Listening on a not so awesome blue tooth speaker--just so you have a frame of reference.

I like what is going on in the intro. I like the woody top end of the kick. I'm having a little trouble hearing definition between kick and bass on this speaker, but it might be fine on something proper.

As far as arrangement goes I think this is a good start. For the length the track is at now there are plenty of elements and change ups to keep my interest. However, this is really short for a DJ/dance track. Would work well as a radio edit. Not that a DJ couldn't mix this track, but as a dancer it isn't long enough for me to get lost in it.

Overall sounding pretty decent though man. I think you could push this track further and these ideas are worth pursuing.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 173510
Thanked 3,470 Times in 2,593 Posts

Just like your other track, this clearly shows you're heading in the right direction, but like you said..it's a process.

Relic basically sums things up pretty well, I think..it's good, but not there yet. I had originally posted a bit about the intro not really working for me, but after listening to it a couple of times now, it kinda works the way it is..or, maybe it's just my ears.

Still, it's the makings of a great track, though..kudos for that. Keep experimenting, dude..it's the only way we really learn.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
DJ Andee
Knob Twiddler
DJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MC
South Texas

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep working on it after I get some sleep, been working on that song all night...

------------------
Old 11-07-2017, 05:08 AM   #5
DJ Andee
Knob Twiddler
South Texas

Well I updated it (same link) and tried to adjust a couple things, but without proper speakers or headphones, that's all she wrote. Can't be spending too much time agonizing over a single track anyway, I probably put 18 hours into it already.

------------------
Old 11-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #6
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

That sounds really good and the intro works much better..or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

You know, 18 hours isn't that long to work on one track..it's not really about the time..well, it shouldn't be. Obviously, if you're working 9-5 in a pro-studio, then you're going to have to keep an eye on the clock and be productive..but when if comes to producing your own work, forget about time and focus on the sounds.

In the 18 hours you spent on this track so far..look at what's changed about it..what do you understand better or more than you did 18 hours before..what have you learned and what do you take away from all of this, to use again in other projects?

It never ends, you know..there's always something new to learn.

------------------
Old 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #7
DJ Andee
Knob Twiddler
South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
That sounds really good and the intro works much better..or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

You know, 18 hours isn't that long to work on one track..it's not really about the time..well, it shouldn't be. Obviously, if you're working 9-5 in a pro-studio, then you're going to have to keep an eye on the clock and be productive..but when if comes to producing your own work, forget about time and focus on the sounds.

In the 18 hours you spent on this track so far..look at what's changed about it..what do you understand better or more than you did 18 hours before..what have you learned and what do you take away from all of this, to use again in other projects?

It never ends, you know..there's always something new to learn.
I can't say I really learned anything from making that track, it's all stuff I've done before. I don't really even know what I need learn lol. That's one of the problems with being self-taught, you can miss something because you never knew to look for it. I'd bet $1,000 right now that there's at least two dozen techniques or sonic tricks that professionals use and I don't know about. I might have top of the line software but that can only get me so far. It's like handing a toddler a Stradivarius and expecting him to first chair the orchestra.

I'm not one to blame my mistakes on anything other than what is truly the cause of the problem, myself. But I firmly believe that my low quality headphones play a large part in my ability or inability to produce better sounds. At the moment, I have to use visual aids such as a visual equalizer or wave shaper so I can actually see the sound rather than hear it. That makes it much harder to compare my sound to other music. I have to work on a song, render it, put it on my phone then go out to the car so I can hear it better. Then I come back here with a pad of notes, tweak the song and do it again.

So maybe I should just stop until I get better headphones or a pair of speakers. It'll be a couple months but that's pretty much the bottom line at this point.

------------------
Old 11-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #8
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Andee View Post
I can't say I really learned anything from making that track, it's all stuff I've done before. I don't really even know what I need learn lol. That's one of the problems with being self-taught, you can miss something because you never knew to look for it. I'd bet $1,000 right now that there's at least two dozen techniques or sonic tricks that professionals use and I don't know about. I might have top of the line software but that can only get me so far. It's like handing a toddler a Stradivarius and expecting him to first chair the orchestra.

I'm not one to blame my mistakes on anything other than what is truly the cause of the problem, myself. But I firmly believe that my low quality headphones play a large part in my ability or inability to produce better sounds. At the moment, I have to use visual aids such as a visual equalizer or wave shaper so I can actually see the sound rather than hear it. That makes it much harder to compare my sound to other music. I have to work on a song, render it, put it on my phone then go out to the car so I can hear it better. Then I come back here with a pad of notes, tweak the song and do it again.

So maybe I should just stop until I get better headphones or a pair of speakers. It'll be a couple months but that's pretty much the bottom line at this point.
Yeah, better headphones or good speakers will certainly help you hear clearly what you're doing..which should help you mix better. Be sure to post here when you have a new track mixed with your new headphones / speakers. Be interesting to the difference.

------------------
Old 14-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #9
DJ Andee
Knob Twiddler
South Texas

Remastered this song along with a couple others. I left the original on Soundcloud for comparison.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 11-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #10
Artimosmusic
Regular Freak
Artimosmusic is currently spamming hard
Gold Coast
MC Status: 10

Nice track man. Really short for a dance track though. You can easily go back into a buildup at the end when the beat drops out and then have another plateau to finish. The risers are a bit loud for me in the buildups. Lots of potential though. Keep up the good work!

Advertisements

Artimosmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote