Question about releasing songs today
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 17-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2910
Question about releasing songs today

So, it's been 6&1/2 months since I've started to produce again. I havent sign any track. Before I quit in 2010 I signed around 5 tracks to 2 different labels. Back to 2010. So, when I was signing songs back then, they mastered my track, even one record label did video spot for one of my songs.
2017, I'm sending my things to few record labels, some are interested, but they only answer, hey send us .wav 44.1 to our email we will release it....?! Alright, I get it, bedroom labels? Maybe. 2 months after, today, I wanna get more promotion, I send my shit today and this record label does the same stuff. "Send us wav files we will release it"
https://soundcloud.com/istanbulrecords

Does no one care who am I? Anything about me? No mastering? nothing, just send us .wav.

Will I get any promotion with this, is it worth it is a proper question? I do expect to earn nothing, but promotional wise I'm asking.

Advertisements

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2413421
Re: Question about releasing songs today

i heard somewhere that there are about 80 million songs in the Internet today, and that 80% of those songs have 0 downloads, so there you go

i don't make music to make people like/love me, i make it to love myself

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Qianta
A.M (17-06-2017)
Old 17-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qianta View Post
i heard somewhere that there are about 80 million songs in the Internet today, and that 80% of those songs have 0 downloads, so there you go

i don't make music to make people like/love me, i make it to love myself
Yea, market is quite possibly overwhelmed with music. it's so easy to excess and produce electronic music today. I guess that wasn't the case in <2010.
Still wanna get exposure and for people to hear my vibes.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #4
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2413421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Yea, market is quite possibly overwhelmed with music. it's so easy to excess and produce electronic music today. I guess that wasn't the case in <2010.
Still wanna get exposure and for people to hear my vibes.
YouTube is a great place man, you can basically upload an unlimited amount of music there. I mean it's possible that you'll get 0 - 10 views per video, but what happens when someone finds your music and really likes it? You'll be offering (considering you upload a lot) a massive quantity of music, and that person will get to like you/your music really much :p

I only wish soundcloud was the same (unlimited music). I'd have all 1000+ of my projects uploaded already.

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533730
Thanked 6,856 Times in 4,882 Posts

I mean...I wouldn't expect much from a label that doesn't have a proper website selling physical media and/or merch...or that isn't putting on events...if all they are doing is slapping music up on soundcloud and beatport I don't suspect they are making much money.

It is a pretty different world 7 years later.

And to be fair, if their response is just "send us a .wav we will publish it" then yea...they don't care who you are, clearly. I'm not sure why some of these people run labels--they don't actually seem to care that much about the music as they aren't willing to do much with it. The mega-festival, big room bubble has burst (or at least signicantly deflated) and we are back to being in a weird place with dance music.

I'm sure they are some good, digital only netlabels that don't do anything but publish music, you'll just have to find them.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
StampedeMe
Future Epic Ban Victim
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 4011

Man, there's gotta be a bigger amount of work to put. I've been recently coming back as well from almost a 3 year silence. I've put a short video and a teaser. Got 17 views, and the stuff is online for 2 months. I never was a Biggie music-wise, always free and self-released stuff, but I had over 30k plays on SC, multiple downloads and plays on other media. Man, people do forget and stop caring. Go out and put some freebies, reach new people, groups or scenes. I don't know how to start all over, the shock is still here. Thought my regular listeners would go bananas over a 30 second teaser with something in the likes of: "HE'S BACK", but it didn't happen. Bringing myself down to earth again, time to drop that 32-track album. If it won't catch...well, at least I'll be the only happy listener. It's important that you stay the same way, be happy with what you do and forget the recognition and profits, this won't happen on a small scale bedroom production.

Advertisements

------------------
Most of my posts begin with: "Well,"
StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to StampedeMe
Mario D (19-06-2017)