Good brass
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 28-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
michellabruyere
Minor Glitch
michellabruyere will become famous soon enoughmichellabruyere will become famous soon enough
Antwerp
MC Status: 110
Good brass

Hi there!

Did anyone ever find some really but really really good brass samples? Seems like until now the quality of string samples have improved but decent brass is still hard to find. Or I might be looking in the wrong places.

Thanks!

Advertisements

michellabruyere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
-Agu-
Soundwave Mangler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 4160
Re: Good brass

If you're ready to pay for them, I've heard that some of the commercial Kontakt libraries are good.

------------------
-Agu- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to -Agu-
A.M (28-05-2017)
Old 28-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 170360
Thanked 3,407 Times in 2,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Agu- View Post
If you're ready to pay for them, I've heard that some of the commercial Kontakt libraries are good.
Yeah..second this..they some of the best out there, but are going to cost you.

That said, check out the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
offered by NewYorkBrass, which are really good quality.

Also try the free sample packs offered [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
over on StayOnBeat.

If you don't mind working with Soundfont files, then there's a lot of them out there, like the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
collection that can be downloaded on newgrounds.com.

Or, if you do have the full version of NI's Kontakt, then there's "[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
", which is totally free and includes a brass section made up of French Horn I, French Horn II, Trombone, Trumpet and Tuba.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Rvrsal (05-06-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #4
Derpgerpwalrus
Minor Glitch
Derpgerpwalrus is a jewel in the roughDerpgerpwalrus is a jewel in the roughDerpgerpwalrus is a jewel in the rough
Houston, TX
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Agu- View Post
As someone who owns Komplete, I can definitely attest to them being extremely high quality. A lot of expression function and sensitive velocity functions too. Really fantastic choice as a paid option. Depending on what you're doing though, you could definitely find samples and tailor them to your needs.

Advertisements

Derpgerpwalrus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote