HELP! Drivers issues with Ableton Live 9.7 and Focusrite 18i20 1st gen on Windows 7
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
Sons of Achab
Radial Developer
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3060
HELP! Drivers issues with Ableton Live 9.7 and Focusrite 18i20 1st gen on Windows 7

I hope someone can help me here, I'm stuck with this problem since 3 days and now I don't know what to do...

My setup : Windows 7 64bits, Ableton Live 9.7, Audio interface Focusrite 18i20 1st gen. This things worked perfectly for years, and now this...

The problem is: 2 weeks ago, I had trouble with Live 9.7 and my Asio4All drivers (I now I should use the Focusrite 18i20 drivers but I had better latencies with the Asio4All): the audio was clipping every 3 seconds and the Asio4All mini logo in the right of the windows taskbar turned red with an exclamation point. Before you ask, this was not a buffer size issue. All I had to do was to relaunch Live a few times and the problem was gone.

But since 3 days, the problem persist even if I relaunch Live. So I decided to use the Focusrite 18i20 audio drivers. And surprise: nothing worked, Live was freezing a lot and Live's processor monitor disappeared (no percent indication in it)! And of course, no sound, and even the "play" button was broken.

So I get back with the Asio4All drivers (by the way, I use the "hardware buffer" setting), and I disabled the inputs. And suddenly, no clips every 3 seconds. So ok I can still mix my tracks in the box but I can't use my audio interface inputs...

From here I tried several things: using the "Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver" works with only 2 inputs. Then I downloaded FL studio 12 and ALL the drivers work perfectly fine: I can record all my inputs, and there is no clips. So tried reinstalling Live, reinstalling the Focusrite drivers and the Scarlette MixControl, reinstalling Live, uninstalling Asio4All, reinstalling an older version of Live... but the problem was always the same.

The last thing I did was to install the beta version of Focurite MixControl 1.9.64 with beta USB drivers 3.2.2 for the 18i20, and upgrade the firmware in the 18i20. It still works in FL12, but in Live, it acts like it works, I can see the green volumes dancing on each channel and on the master bus, but there's absolutely no sound.

Now I'm stuck with this, I don't now what to do next... If someone could help me, it would be really appreciated!

Advertisements

------------------
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
Sons of Achab
Radial Developer
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3060
Re: HELP! Drivers issues with Ableton Live 9.7 and Focusrite 18i20 1st gen on Windows

Ok, so I send an email to Focusrite support and this problem is well known: there is an incompatibility between the Focusrite 1st gen USB drivers and AVG/AVAST antivirus softwares. So if you are faced to the problems described in my last post, just uninstall AVG or AVAST, and everything will be OK.

------------------
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sons of Achab
Artificer (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 105850
Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,368 Posts
Re: HELP! Drivers issues with Ableton Live 9.7 and Focusrite 18i20 1st gen on Windows

Thanks for sharing man! Never know who that might help in the future.

Advertisements

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
Sons of Achab (08-05-2017)