Good place to find samples?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 16-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20360
Good place to find samples?

anyone know good websites to find good samples when you don't have a field recorder?
I don't have a mic either if anyone is wondering,I asked earlier how to sample vocals, now I want to try just random samples...

Advertisements

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts
Re: good place to find samples

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
liquid_air (05-04-2016)
Old 29-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538730
Thanked 6,956 Times in 4,948 Posts

I thought we used to have a sample share thread around here somewhere but can't find it now. But yea...freesound is awesome.

Also if you have a smart phone you'd be surprised how usuable it is as a field recorder. I used to use recordings from my cell phone all the time.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 115760
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by astru View Post
original post deleted: Benwaa
one hell of an advice!

Using own recordings is much more fun but here freesound.org is a good solution. Even if you look for something very specific you can find it there. Easy to register and free to use.

Last edited by Benwaa; 04-04-2016 at 01:17 PM..

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #5
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798620

I like to search through Youtube and just, idk, search.

Even videos which don't interest you at all seem very different in terms of entertainment when you are just searching for samples.

------------------
I'm offering free mixing services, PM me if you are interested

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2016, 03:55 AM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts
Re: Good place to find samples?

54,618 free sample downloads - you should be able to find something you like in amid that lot. They point out that because they're royalty-free samples, you're free to "use them in your music in any way you like" - they only ask that you don't re-distribute them..which is a fair enough request.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2016, 12:35 PM   #7
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 6710

I sometimes like to pick up Computer Music Magazine to grab their samples, although I disslike that they now ditched the DVD and force you to download the stuff. Bit crap when you don't have the best internet speed currently. Makes for a good read, great tutorials and videos, free software plugins and then there's the samples themselves of which you get a generous amount these days usually.

------------------
Newest Track: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime 'Future DnB Remix')

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Optimal Prime
A.M (31-03-2016)
Old 31-03-2016, 01:03 PM   #8
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal Prime View Post
I sometimes like to pick up Computer Music Magazine to grab their samples, although I disslike that they now ditched the DVD and force you to download the stuff. Bit crap when you don't have the best internet speed currently. Makes for a good read, great tutorials and videos, free software plugins and then there's the samples themselves of which you get a generous amount these days usually.
Yeah..miss those dics too..like you said, so much better than downloading..everything was right there for you to dip into..once a month I used to feel like a kid on Christmas morning..the downloads just aren't the same.

------------------
Old 04-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #9
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester

Yeah that's the fun part, knowing that you just have to pop in a disc and then being able to instantly grab it all there and then. The excitement of that physical disc being there in a picturesque sleeve on the front of your magazine and then the same returning excitement when two years later you accidentally find one of the discs still in it's sleeve somewhere in your room or studio wherever having been unused and realising "shit yeah I still need to check those out" haha.

------------------
Newest Track: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime 'Future DnB Remix')

Old 04-04-2016, 01:51 PM   #10
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
liquid_air (05-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 08:01 AM   #11
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
¯\(°_o)/¯
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,448 Times in 1,903 Posts

within your house and every object within your vicinity

oh you said websites
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to fidelium
A.M (05-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #12
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by banewaker View Post
within your house and every object within your vicinity

oh you said websites
Yeah..ya know..those website where we can download all the stuff you recorded within your house and every object within your vicinity..only to tweak them and pass em off as our own..those websites.

------------------
Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #13
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667

The internet. ?!

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Focalized
A.M (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #14
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
The internet. ?!
10/10

------------------
Old 15-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #15
SoManyYips
Minor Glitch
SoManyYips will become famous soon enoughSoManyYips will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Search Google for: Blue Marten Sample Pack

You should find a url that ends with /free-stuff/junglejungle/

It's a fantastic and free sample pack.
SoManyYips is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #16
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO
MC Status: 5660

Sam's Club usually has lots of samples on the weekends. If it has a toothpick in it, it's free.

------------------
Anybody can be good at something but it takes real effort to suck as bad as I do.
oDDgOD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #18
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7110

Also a +1 for Computer Music. Just one copy sets you up with tons and tons of VSTs. there is also a digital version still available of a super sample special issue with something like 20GB of studio samples.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #19
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Greater Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyYips View Post
Search Google for: Blue Marten Sample Pack

You should find a url that ends with /free-stuff/junglejungle/

It's a fantastic and free sample pack.
or more specifically Blu Mar Ten

:badger: sorry for waving my grammatically correct Nazi penis all around

------------------

Old 24-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #20
AdamThing
Regular Freak
AdamThing will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

i like to get my hands on basic 707/808 and 909 samples and tweaking them, bouncing them and re-tweaking them. OR ill use noise oscillation in a synth to produce samples. sound design is very fun.

Advertisements

AdamThing is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote