[Weird] Am I A Real Music Yet? (Name That Genre)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts
[Weird] Am I A Real Music Yet? (Name That Genre)

No idea what the fuck this is

Advertisements

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Weird] Am I A Real Music Yet? (Name That Genre).
Old 15-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Sliptik
Regular Freak
Sliptik is currently spamming hard
Salford
MC Status: 10
Re: [Weird] Am I A Real Music Yet? (Name That Genre)

The start of the track sounds sorta retro until about 20 seconds in haha.

When that the bass and synth kicks in, its pretty cool, sounds like its from a game/sound track from a game

Like the drumming variations in there. Mix sound a little rough and tad muddy but thats just minor problems.

Nice work
Sliptik is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC

Hey, thanks for the reply. I was trying to destroy some of the synths with distortion and create a kind of rhythmic noise // industrial sound with it, but I kind of botched it with a semi-clean master. I should just go all the way and really fuck with it, I guess. Not enough power!!
Old 16-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Hakuin
Microknight
Hakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to beholdHakuin is a splendid one to behold
Oakland
MC Status: 910

It's cool. Really progressive; I don't have another genre categorization.

I like your idea of making a dirtier and more powerful mix with the breaks being louder overall.

------------------
A sample of my live PA set. IDM/Breakcore
Hakuin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262786029
Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,770 Posts

Sounds like it should be music for a racing game's menu screen.
I want to find something to criticize so that I can pretend to be helpful but it's not happening, take that as a compliment!
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8560880
Thanked 7,399 Times in 5,231 Posts

Though I think I agree the drums could be a bit louder. I don't have a problem with the mix on this over all. It's not mixed like a typical dance track. Though I'd be interested to hear your "dirtier" mix on this. Over all really enjoying this. Lots of good changes (jealous, I suck at that!). Synths are quite nice.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
The Fuzz
Granular Poster
The Fuzz is currently spamming hard
Maryland, USA
MC Status: 10

pretty cool stuff, I always like hearing music not quite in any category.
The Fuzz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #8
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Though I think I agree the drums could be a bit louder. I don't have a problem with the mix on this over all. It's not mixed like a typical dance track. Though I'd be interested to hear your "dirtier" mix on this. Over all really enjoying this. Lots of good changes (jealous, I suck at that!). Synths are quite nice.
I haven't gotten a comment like that, ever. Thanks so much. I'm usually horrible at transitions and changes, but I'm trying to improve with all of my might!
Old 17-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
Goolue
Digital Surfer
Goolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud of
Isn't built out of Humus.
MC Status: 1060

Sounds like Super Mario in a traffic jam.
I like the drums as a whole and the toms particularly. I don't have anything else to add here.

Advertisements

------------------
My Soundcloud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
i always felt if Thom Yorke was a food item he would be a noodle
Goolue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote