Live 8 - Missing media files??
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
fluoroheart
Analog Lurker
fluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MC
MC Status: 617334
Live 8 - Missing media files??

The project I'm currently working on in Live 8 has failed to load loads of audio files... It displays the error message 'Media files are missing. Please click here to learn more'. It then displays ten media files which it has failed to load, the location is labelled as 'missing', though the correct file path is listed at the bottom of the screen...

Does anyone know how I can fix this? (I've tried reopening the project, and restarting my computer).

Advertisements

------------------
fluoroheart is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
tekkmo
Banned
tekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6125
Re: Live 8 - Missing media files??

Did you make Live rescan the media?
tekkmo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
fluoroheart
Analog Lurker
fluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MCfluoroheart is a savage MC

Sorry, I'm going to be a complete noob here, how do you do that?

------------------
Old 08-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
tekkmo
Banned
tekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond reputetekkmo has a reputation beyond repute

ahh... I am generally not a Live guy but went through the same thing a few weeks ago. You have Media File browser or Manager or something like that, and one of ht eoptions there, I can post step by step in an hour and a half when I get home and in front of Live, but can't remember off the top of my head ... But if you do find that option -- what I found is -- run it more than once , even when it tells you some files are missing, blah blah, run it anyway, and specify which directory in advance so you don't spend an hour waiting for it to find something.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
tekkmo
Banned

hey so.... in the reference manual chapter 5.8 deals exactly with missing files :
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

page 66 to be precise....
Old 08-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
fluoroheart
Analog Lurker

Phew, that seems to have done it... Bit of a panic there for a minute, that would have been MANY hours of lost time. Cheers for your help tekkmo

------------------
Old 26-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
DimiPrada
Learning The Ropes
DimiPrada is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I am also a new user of Ableton.

Now, I have the ASL file of the project I was working on(which a friend sent me over), but now I can't work on it because of the media scan problem.
I've done several scans but it still won't help.

It were some audio recordings, I don't know if that has got something to do with it.
DimiPrada is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: A Plea For Purging-The Eternal Female
Old 26-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906309
Thanked 3,542 Times in 2,146 Posts

^ sigh... Your friend needs to choose "Collect all and Save" and then zip the project folder up and send you that.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
Gnib
Regular Freak
Gnib is currently spamming hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluoroheart View Post
Sorry, I'm going to be a complete noob here, how do you do that?
Follow the learn more instructions in the Help View. However the automatic scan is not too intelligent (does not work too well). In the instructions you'll also find info on manual repair. That works best.

Suc6

Gnib
Gnib is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: The Orb
Old 09-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
tequillaschott
Learning The Ropes
tequillaschott is currently spamming hard

how do you even get to the manual i a super noob?
tequillaschott is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390098
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequillaschott View Post
how do you even get to the manual i a super noob?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #12
Agent Gomez
Learning The Ropes
Agent Gomez is currently spamming hard
In the studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
^ sigh... Your friend needs to choose "Collect all and Save" and then zip the project folder up and send you that.

Collect all and save is your best friend !
Agent Gomez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Pete Rock
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #13
Will.E.P.
Ghostly
Will.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MC
North Carolina
MC Status: 7678117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Gomez View Post
Collect all and save is your best friend !
Most DAW's other than Reason make you do something of this nature, and even then, if you plan on sending the file, you need to make sure to self contain the files in Reason. Nothing is as easy as it seems.

------------------
- William

Will.E.P. (Me) - Polaroids
Will.E.P. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
millenni
Minor Glitch
millenni will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.E.P. View Post
Most DAW's other than Reason make you do something of this nature, and even then, if you plan on sending the file, you need to make sure to self contain the files in Reason. Nothing is as easy as it seems.
yes

Advertisements

millenni is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote