Remove HDD icon in 'My Computer'? help!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
Suiyoubi
Savage Mad Cunt
Suiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MC
MC Status: 24584798
Thanked 1,560 Times in 950 Posts
Icon5 Remove HDD icon in 'My Computer'? help!

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I am wondering is anyone knows if its possible to hide the hard-drive icon on "my computer" like u can with folders.

I got 8 hard-drives and 9 with a crappy ass partition that wont go away no matter how many times u format it. its a 100mb partition that previously held the restoration files for an acer media-center piece of crap. rly annoying.

Would really appreciate some help.

Edit: I tried this http://www.wikihow.com/Hide-and-Lock...My-Computer%22

problem here is that i can only hide D and C separately, then the next option is both, or A B C D, A B C D E.

My hardrives are C D E G H J K L. And I want to remove G: the roms are F and I so idk why it even gives A and B as an option.....Microsoft huh..

Last edited by Suiyoubi; 09-10-2011 at 01:33 AM..

Advertisements

Suiyoubi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:17 AM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388649
Thanked 5,093 Times in 3,321 Posts
Re: Remove HDD icon in 'My Computer'? help!

Norton Ghost can be used to hide any partitions you want.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #3
astroidmist
Banned
astroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MC
3 floors above you
MC Status: 13248268

Reformatting a partition doesn't delete it, it just makes it empty. To delete a partition, try using EASESUS Partition Master (free Home Edition). Then afterwards, you can expand the nearby partitions to take up the extra space regained. After you reboot, the annoying partition and it's icon will be gone.

http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Part...-10863346.html
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I've used it. It's pretty easy to do. Just do right click a partition, select delete. Then select a nearby partition,right click, select resize, and then make it bigger in that window. Close the window with OK. Then do Apply (all) Changes after you review the pending operations. I think that's in the General menu...

Last edited by astroidmist; 09-10-2011 at 03:32 AM..
astroidmist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388649
Thanked 5,093 Times in 3,321 Posts

Thinking on it, Partition Magic also does it. I've used it in the past. The only thing I don't like about 3rd party partitioning tools is that while they are usually good, they force you to remain dependant on them to get your stuff back. Just something to be careful of - I should have posted this when I mentioned Ghost.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
Suiyoubi
Savage Mad Cunt
Suiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MC
MC Status: 24584798
Thanked 1,560 Times in 950 Posts

Thanks guys! Ill read about em more closely tonight and see what happens.
Thing is i don't want to format the partition thats i actually useful. but im sure i find a way around it. I have a hard time trusting Norton with all the rumors about them programming viruses them-selfs just so ppl will buy their updates, idk how much of that is true tou.

Ill report back with the success and or failure

Advertisements

Suiyoubi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote