Data Hoarders Anonymous
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts
Data Hoarders Anonymous

Tell us who you are, where you're from, and what type of content you hoard. Is your habit turning your wallet into a money pit? Do you have a lot of hard drives laying around so you can hotswap mid-write and save your master drive from eternal impending doom? Or am I the only one?

:problemofficer:

Advertisements

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts
Re: Data Hoarders Anonymous

i am as much as the next person is, but only what they think i am
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts

I used to have several flash drives, some good old FAT32 15 GB hard drives, my 3 500 GB SATA and IDE hard drives, and a few extra CD-ROM drives. I also collected Linux distros and had about 20 of them including backups. Also I had my safety CD-ROMs and my MP3 player.

I mostly collected portable utility freeware software, but I also started collecting wikipedia articles saved as MHT files which required more FireFox plugins to be able to obtain and read the MHT files. Also I saved PDFs from HydrogenAudio and random cool info all about pro sound. It was a great library. Also I saved a few PDFs about cryptology and steganography until I got too paranoid.

Then of course was my MP3 collection, my FLAC collection, my OGG collection, my youtube MP4 video collection from Spricket24, Alex Jones, Olga Kay, Community Channel, Smosh, and other classics. And of course I had music videos saved and some bootlegs of Doctor Who TV shows which I trashed in a fit of copyright guilt.

Last but not least was my PR0N COLLEXION which was quite tastey I must say.
I had my own category labels and each downloaded video had the bad parts cut out due to my custom editing habits. Similarly, my download xxx photos were noise-reduced and colour enhanced and color corrected and resized to all match a common screen resolution without having any duplicates.

Now that I think of it, YEAH..... I HOARD DATA. But just change that 'O' to an 'E' and it becomes, "Yeah, I heard data!"

That way I don't have to rationalize my downloads of sesame street earnie and bert which i believe are metaphors for nuclear weapons control systems (bert is the missile, ernie is the "clam"--launch control system; both of them live together in a missile silo bunker and ernie is always getting bert all worked up anticlimacticly. If you don't believe me, just look at their heads and notice the spy themes and the radioactive symbol around berts head--a six part life preserver during ernie's toy cleanup. ) ah... yeah... i know i'm wierd. ... read my sig, but i ain't jack dangers. so it's all kashrut in beirut.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

I still have my 5.25 floppies..and a few tapes somewhere in a box!..

nuff said...DHA all the way

my data mine!

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943731
Thanked 5,711 Times in 3,598 Posts

Unfortunately lost most of my old stuff that wasn't on a CD-R on new year's eve of 2008. All of my old Cubase projects were on it, and I lost quite a few songs but luckily they weren't of great importance or hard to emulate later on.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
crackmontage
raptor badger
crackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MC
sminap MN
MC Status: 434781

do you ever see a picture like this on tumblr

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
with no description or anything and you know for a fact that you have a different picture from the same manga saved on a hard drive from 5 years ago?
crackmontage is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897

Eva is a horrible manga/anime.

I record tons of stuff, was it samples or instruments and never have time to listen and cut those, but I'm too scared to delete them because there might be something... And there's literally hundred and hundred hours of stuff.

Advertisements

Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mctoast
Nystagmus (09-10-2013)