[Techno] LWJ - Follow
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
localspace
Minor Glitch
localspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
[Techno] LWJ - Follow

New track I'm working on. Let me know what y'all think!

cheers,
lwj

Advertisements

localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techno] LWJ - Follow.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #2
Inna Selez
Microknight
Inna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460
Re: [Techno] LWJ - Follow

Are you trying to make something in industrial style? Maybe it should be a little bit harder?
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
FTD
IDMf Artist
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3464255

Interesting vocal intro, like the dub influence with the delays. Main drumbeat made up of FX works really well, gives it a nice bit of funk and the kick is a good solid anchor and harsh enough for this type of music.

The more I listen through this, the more dub influences I can hear especially regarding the bassline, the perc type noise that comes in after the break at 2.46 and the vocal snippets throughout.

Like the moody pads/bed. It would have been nice to hear a bit of variation in the sound design here, playing with filters or reverb and automation but a minor criticism.

I’m less keen on the new element that comes in at 5:46, it possibly sits too high in the mix but I’m not sure a brand new lead at this stage works. I found it jarring which is at odds with the vibe of the rest of the track. Maybe bring in the odd stab and teaser in now and then earlier on. Even if it’s just one note, low in the mix so it’s less of a surprise when it comes in.

Overall, I really liked it though. Well done, you should be proud.

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 01:49 AM   #4
JKillz
Minor Glitch
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60

This was definitely interesting, especially once the durms/percussion came in. Nice fx work, has a lot of experimentation to it.
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
localspace
Minor Glitch
localspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Thanks for the listens and comments folks! Much appreciated!

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: No not exactly. I like having industrial sounding elements but I don't try to make anything too industrial and dark. It's just not my vibe.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: you're right! Dub is probably the biggest single influence in my music. I consider it dub, just not dub-reggae, haha. You're right with the criticism too. When I was making it, the pad felt really dramatic and impressive but upon repeat listenings it doesn't really grab the attention anymore. I've actually removed the entire third segment for now and am thinking about doing some radically different.. maybe drop the beat out completely and make a kind of interlude. Or maybe just leave it out altogether because the rest of the track is pretty punchy and to the point. I like your stuff as well, man! Flat On My Back is my type of thing!

@Jkilzz: thanks dude.. I played with granulizers a lot for this. Lots of the interesting percs are simply the basic drums passed through different grain delays and similar fx.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 05:16 AM   #6
JKillz
Minor Glitch
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60

Oh yea, granulizers can be tons of fun. It is amazing how many happy accidents can come from playing around using them and just messing with the spacing

Advertisements

JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote