[Drum & Bass] Ucalegon - Time Is Running Out
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #1
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 44960
[Drum & Bass] Ucalegon - Time Is Running Out

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Drum & Bass] Ucalegon - Time Is Running Out.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #2
Adelina
Soundwave Mangler
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: [Drum & Bass] Ucalegon - Time Is Running Out

So rock! I like such a music. I would listen more your tracks!
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 119310
Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,393 Posts

awesome, this reminds me of early Blue Stahli (can't believe I used to listen to him). I like how mix sounds, completely in your face. I wish 2:11 would come up earlier or be much longer, it's very track-defining and each elements fits very well. Good job, Kvut.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 01:54 AM   #4
JKillz
Minor Glitch
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60

This is definitely rocking! Always enjoy a combination of the conventional and the digital.

My only feedback is the synth seemed a bit out of place, but I liked it more with the short decay (plucky notes).

Thanks for sharing!
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 04:59 AM   #5
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 34360

What the fuck is this?? I don't even...

I mean, besides being really fresh and cool.

Seriously though, my only criticism would be that the synth doesn't sit in the mix very well. It's sort of 'on top'...maybe a little dry? I'd personally be tempted to use something a bit more saw based, but even with what you've got, I think some reverb and maybe a bit of EQ would make it gel more. Unless you're not looking for gel, in which case bop on.

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 04:16 AM   #6
-Agu-
Knob Twiddler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 5710

This is probably one of the best efforts at dnb/rock fusion I've heard since the last Pendulum album.

------------------
-Agu- is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #7
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 44960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelina View Post
So rock! I like such a music. I would listen more your tracks!
Thanks for the feedback, although I don't recommend wading through much of my stuff (it's too inconsistent TBH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
awesome, this reminds me of early Blue Stahli (can't believe I used to listen to him). I like how mix sounds, completely in your face. I wish 2:11 would come up earlier or be much longer, it's very track-defining and each elements fits very well. Good job, Kvut.
I'm going to have to give him / them a listen now because I've never heard them before. I was going for that exact feel, but I feel now like I might've made it too muddy or something. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKillz View Post
This is definitely rocking! Always enjoy a combination of the conventional and the digital.

My only feedback is the synth seemed a bit out of place, but I liked it more with the short decay (plucky notes).

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for taking the time to critique. Sadly I waded through a lot of presets in order to find that one (I'm a shit sound designer outside of soundscapes) and I put a lot of thought into using that particular synth - must mean my taste is a little off, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
What the fuck is this?? I don't even...

I mean, besides being really fresh and cool.

Seriously though, my only criticism would be that the synth doesn't sit in the mix very well. It's sort of 'on top'...maybe a little dry? I'd personally be tempted to use something a bit more saw based, but even with what you've got, I think some reverb and maybe a bit of EQ would make it gel more. Unless you're not looking for gel, in which case bop on.
Thanks for the feedback! I really spent time on the subtle sends for that synth, so I must be way out of touch! I think it's going through the main delay that a couple of the other synths are on, and if it sounds like shit it's an error in my thinking / ears for sure, and this helps a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Agu- View Post
This is probably one of the best efforts at dnb/rock fusion I've heard since the last Pendulum album.
Do they do that on any songs other than Crush (I think it's called that, or something similar)? I have to say that my DnB tunes are sadly inspired by that, even though I don't listen to much EDM to begin with. Thanks!

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 09:16 PM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8549730
Thanked 7,176 Times in 5,089 Posts

I like that the mix doesn’t sound overproduced like Penedulum. Honestly my only suggestion would be that if you had the sound deisgn chops it would be really cool if the guitar kind of morphed into some mid-range growly reese-y kinda stuff. But I couldn’t fucking write this track so, there is that as well...nice work on the git-fiddle man :p

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 05:10 AM   #9
JKillz
Minor Glitch
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to critique. Sadly I waded through a lot of presets in order to find that one (I'm a shit sound designer outside of soundscapes) and I put a lot of thought into using that particular synth - must mean my taste is a little off, haha.
No worries, it is definitely a personal taste thing. In fact, I find it really tough to give feedback when the overall track is so good, so I was nitpicking anyways lol

Looking forward to hearing more
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #10
Bluesh1ft
Sample Destroyer
Bluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond repute
In another world, usually
MC Status: 2360

Very clean and Sounds great. The ending not sure of that bass note hanging off the end like that. I'm on cheapo headphones atm but maybe consider you are maybe losing some of the bass during some parts on crappier speakers which I know to a certain extent is unavoidable.
Bluesh1ft is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #11
-Agu-
Knob Twiddler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 5710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Do they do that on any songs other than Crush (I think it's called that, or something similar)? I have to say that my DnB tunes are sadly inspired by that, even though I don't listen to much EDM to begin with. Thanks!
Not sure if joking, but basically 70% of their "new" stuff.

Advertisements

------------------
-Agu- is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote