[Downtempo Techno] Yasmine hamdan - Deny (Fidin Mafishi Remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 19-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
bandic00t
Granular Poster
bandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2065
[Downtempo Techno] Yasmine hamdan - Deny (Fidin Mafishi Remix)

I'm having trouble deciding if I should remove the vocals and keep the track purely instrumental or leave it as is... Would love to know what you guys think.

Advertisements

------------------
bandic00t is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Downtempo Techno] Yasmine hamdan - Deny (Fidin Mafishi Remix).
Old 19-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #2
Intro/Verse
IDMf's latest spammer
Intro/Verse will become famous soon enough
Manchester
MC Status: 60
Re: [Downtempo Techno] Yasmine hamdan - Deny (Fidin Mafishi Remix)

I think that vocal bit probably helps the the two parts before and after mesh together a bit better, I'd leave it.

I think it would make the track a bit "empty" if cut out if you know what I mean.

Nice track as well brother

Last edited by Intro/Verse; 19-12-2017 at 11:30 PM..
Intro/Verse is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Inna Selez
Microknight
Inna Selez is just really niceInna Selez is just really niceInna Selez is just really niceInna Selez is just really niceInna Selez is just really nice
MC Status: 410

IMHO the track is perfect as is. Vocals making the sound more interesting. I agree with Intro/Verse that vocals are linking melody parts together.
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #4
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6760

+1 for keeping the vocals.

I also think the track is working as it is. Great feeling and sound. As a suggestion I would maybe throw in a couple of oddballs here and there to keep the listener on his toes

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 10:33 PM   #5
Dudewill
Master of the LFO
Dudewill will become famous soon enoughDudewill will become famous soon enough
The land of the drunk
MC Status: 110

Sounds amazing, I think it is good as it is. The mix sounds good on my speakers too. I think the vocals fit well in the track, and as others have said, it keeps up my interest. If you're still unsure, you could try to keep the vocals but move them to the background to act as more of a background effect, with ping pong delays and filters?

------------------
Dudewill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 10:45 PM   #6
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

Tracks sounds real nice, I say keeps the vocals . Even add more ...like some long one notes and harmonized ooohs and ahhs ...with loads of reverb hahaha , thats personally my fav

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #7
PPNDP
Regular Freak
PPNDP has a spectacular aura aboutPPNDP has a spectacular aura aboutPPNDP has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Tracks sounds real nice, I say keeps the vocals . Even add more ...like some long one notes and harmonized ooohs and ahhs ...with loads of reverb hahaha , thats personally my fav

Yes, I think vocals fits well but I agree- more reverb in the middle and in 0.35 I would add some echo to lay with the beat as it sounds a bit like this is cut in this moment.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #8
FTD
IDMf Artist
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3464255

This sounds excellent, love the slow mo vibe and yes I’d keep the vocals too. If you think they don’t work you could experiment more with double tracking, phasing parts and reverb.

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #9
bandic00t
Granular Poster
bandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2065

Really appreciate all the feedback! I've taken all of it into account and reworked the track. Added more vocals, more reverb here and there, shakers and some live play towards the end. I just uploaded the new version if you guys want to listen. Happy New Year!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by bandic00t; 04-01-2018 at 12:04 PM..

------------------
bandic00t is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #10
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6760

Hi bandic00t

Good job with the new version

Advertisements

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote