[Big Beat] Jilted Generation - Out in Space
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
chiptraxxx
Soundwave Mangler
chiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
Icon13 [Big Beat] Jilted Generation - Out in Space

Big Beat Bitpop?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 01-12-2017 at 06:59 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
chiptraxxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Big Beat] Jilted Generation - Out in Space.
Old 21-12-2017, 03:36 AM   #2
Vault O)))
Quarter pounder McCunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 52010
Thanked 1,040 Times in 685 Posts
Re: [Big Beat] Jilted Generation - Out in Space

I'm not getting britpop out of this, but maybe my ears are just conditioned to expect the unexpected. Nonetheless, this sounds 'fat' for lack of a better term - very dirty, gritty and saturated to the maximum level (in all of the desirable ways). The track doesn't outstay its welcome or tread in any kind of monotony IMO.

Not sure if this is adequate critique, but I fucking love it. Keep doing what you're doing.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #3
Inna Selez
Radial Developer
Inna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Yeahhh, that sound reminds good old days while I played on NES console with my friends. Thanks.
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

That is a P H A T Bitpop track indeed , proper NES smash down

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #5
chiptraxxx
Soundwave Mangler
chiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
I'm not getting britpop out of this, but maybe my ears are just conditioned to expect the unexpected. Nonetheless, this sounds 'fat' for lack of a better term - very dirty, gritty and saturated to the maximum level (in all of the desirable ways). The track doesn't outstay its welcome or tread in any kind of monotony IMO.

Not sure if this is adequate critique, but I fucking love it. Keep doing what you're doing.
Thanks did not think anyone would comment on this thanks alot,

dirty is good thanks

------------------
Old 10-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #6
chiptraxxx
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
That is a P H A T Bitpop track indeed , proper NES smash down
Thanks alot

------------------
Old 13-01-2018, 02:59 AM   #7
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

Interesting track for sure, I totally dig the beat and arrangement, very well structured imo. I am not a big chiptune fan personally, but this was well done compared to what I normally hear lol

Thanks for sharing
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #8
jonistaken
Radial Developer
jonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nice
MC Status: 428

Sounds like Lords of Acid went 8bit.

------------------
jonistaken is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 06:20 AM   #9
chiptraxxx
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKillz View Post
Interesting track for sure, I totally dig the beat and arrangement, very well structured imo. I am not a big chiptune fan personally, but this was well done compared to what I normally hear lol

Thanks for sharing
Thanks alot

There is a story behind the drums not that interesting but anyway made the beat/loop at a lunchbreak at work 5years ago on a portable akai xr20 then when i came home i ran it trough an old crap mono mixer along with some static noise from the radio, and when i looked trough my unfinished stuff i found it a d made this track last year

------------------
Old 19-01-2018, 03:21 AM   #10
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA

That is pretty creative imo, I wish I could make beats on lunch break lol
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #11
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England

I love the flashy high synth, almost sounds like maybe a quick arpeggiator or something...definitely a sound for collecting coins in a badass video game.

I dig your style. Feels real, powerful, effective. I'd be curious to see how you would perform this live!

Good work. Keep it up. Thanks for sharing!
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 05:32 PM   #12
Flexagon
Minor Glitch
Flexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 910

I had a listen to a load of your stuff last night chiptraxxx and really like it. Very creative and mostly great fun. And when it's NOT fun it's dark and ridiculous to make up for it anyway!

Great stuff.
Flexagon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #13
emessiah
Regular Freak
emessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really nice
illegal exit from the game grid
MC Status: 360

Quote:
yeah but then when would you have time to eat? you need to priotitize if you're going to survive in today's dog eat dog world.
emessiah is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #14
chiptraxxx
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessiah View Post
yeah but then when would you have time to eat? you need to priotitize if you're going to survive in today's dog eat dog world.
Eat while working and do music on the lunchbreak? =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexagon View Post
I had a listen to a load of your stuff last night chiptraxxx and really like it. Very creative and mostly great fun. And when it's NOT fun it's dark and ridiculous to make up for it anyway!

Great stuff.
Thanks alot, always good to here something like that, not many comments
on soundcloud these days, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatISe View Post
I love the flashy high synth, almost sounds like maybe a quick arpeggiator or something...definitely a sound for collecting coins in a badass video game.

I dig your style. Feels real, powerful, effective. I'd be curious to see how you would perform this live!

Good work. Keep it up. Thanks for sharing!
Ahh you mean the 2 note ooooooiiiii sound?
its my Sidstation going trough some pedal, alesis modfx or strymon deco not sure

Quote:
Only takes a minute or 2 it boots up in seconds and ready to go (akai xr20)
if your lunch is short take it with u going to the toilet :mayonesa:

------------------
Old 19-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #15
emessiah
Regular Freak
emessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really nice
illegal exit from the game grid
MC Status: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiptraxxx View Post
Eat while working and do music on the lunchbreak? =)
yeah but then you could get crumbs and plops on your gear. you're toeing a dangerous line there. tread carefully!
emessiah is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #16
chiptraxxx
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessiah View Post
yeah but then you could get crumbs and plops on your gear. you're toeing a dangerous line there. tread carefully!
Yes be carefull and use cheap gear

Advertisements

------------------