[halftime] - ±vMcÇ- How Come (w.i.p.)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 29-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504
[halftime] - ±vMcÇ- How Come (w.i.p.)

Thoughts, advice, ....?

Last edited by tvmcc; 03-10-2017 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: Updated the mix..

Advertisements

tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to tvmcc
Daggit (02-10-2017)
Rate this track - [halftime] - ±vMcÇ- How Come (w.i.p.).
Old 29-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #2
einmeier
Granular Poster
einmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1709
Re: [halftime] - ±vMcÇ- How Come (w.i.p.)

Interesting and slightly 'unsual' downbeat-track with a few surprises of the arrangement, feels somehow a bit dark and sad concerning its vibe. Like especially the short dub-a-like-vocal at the end as this adds an interesting touch, there's even maybe nothing to be said against using it more often as a 'antagonist' to the synthhook(s)? Reminds me a bit on earlier 'Thievery Corporation' tracks even they're a bit more dubby and jazzy. Nice one. Could even get really interesting if there's a vocal/there are lyrics like of Tricky or so. Like it so far.
einmeier is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by einmeier View Post
Interesting and slightly 'unsual' downbeat-track with a few surprises of the arrangement, feels somehow a bit dark and sad concerning its vibe. Like especially the short dub-a-like-vocal at the end as this adds an interesting touch, there's even maybe nothing to be said against using it more often as a 'antagonist' to the synthhook(s)? Reminds me a bit on earlier 'Thievery Corporation' tracks even they're a bit more dubby and jazzy. Nice one. Could even get really interesting if there's a vocal/there are lyrics like of Tricky or so. Like it so far.

Wow what a compliment! Thanks. I've never really paid much attention to Thievery Corporation till you made that comment! haha

Will work on implementing a few of your ideals, and repost in the next few days.

Thanks again.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:35 PM   #4
Heiserk
Radial Developer
Heiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Some Very "out there" ideas and sound qualities! My only itch with is it; is the mix isn't lively enough for the tone of song (also that high pitch lead thing is wayyyyyy to loud).

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBSDANCEme View Post
So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines.

https://soundcloud.com/i-r-i-2/sets/...ms-for-when-no
Heiserk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #5
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiserk View Post
Some Very "out there" ideas and sound qualities! My only itch with is it; is the mix isn't lively enough for the tone of song (also that high pitch lead thing is wayyyyyy to loud).

Dialed back the pitch bleeps, and the whine leads upper frequencies. Also lowered the grouped bus volume a bit on those.

Not sure I know what you mean by "mix isn't lively enough for the tone of song", but feel a desperate sense to sort it out! =)

Thanks a ton fro your input.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #6
Heiserk
Radial Developer
Heiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmcc View Post
Dialed back the pitch bleeps, and the whine leads upper frequencies. Also lowered the grouped bus volume a bit on those.

Not sure I know what you mean by "mix isn't lively enough for the tone of song", but feel a desperate sense to sort it out! =)

Thanks a ton fro your input.
Sorry its always hard to put into words some ideas.. I kinda expect the mix to be more "pumping" and aggressive.. Like as if you set a slow compressor on a drum loop.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBSDANCEme View Post
So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines.

https://soundcloud.com/i-r-i-2/sets/...ms-for-when-no
Heiserk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #7
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560

Wow, awesome style. I like this alot. Nice and unique.
It has elements of industrial that I like too. Noooice!

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 AM   #8
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer

Updates:

Added in a few of the ideas which were threw out, as well as touched up the mix. As this is probably not the final mix please don't hold back with any criticism please! =D

Quote:
Daggit
Wow, awesome style. I like this alot. Nice and unique.
It has elements of industrial that I like too. Noooice!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Heiserk
Sorry its always hard to put into words some ideas.. I kinda expect the mix to be more "pumping" and aggressive.. Like as if you set a slow compressor on a drum loop.
No worries, and thanks a ton!

Advertisements