Why the new Hardware subforum? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 21-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #41
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043391
Thanked 7,519 Times in 4,650 Posts
Re: Why the new Hardware subforum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Because on an open conversation someone else might chime in and add something useful or some insight.

It wouldn't replace the hardware forum, but I miss being able to post about that happy incident or something like that, without having to create a thread for it.
So useful then?
Like people like to read opinions on stuff they're interested in?
Weird that isn't it?
Wouldn't it be handy if those people could actually find this info?

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks
Thanks to lolirl
Old 21-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #42
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269478508
Thanked 3,098 Times in 2,050 Posts

So instead of just re-opening an already-existing thread you suggest we create a new group where we can have smaller threads?

It's not about getting rid of the new hardware section, I personally like, but I think re-opening the old hardware-thread would be the best thing to do, all the regular posters on this section miss that, having to create a thread every single time just kills it.
The hardware thread would be a place for random snippets of conversation, if it develops into something more, then we just ask the participant to make their own thread.

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks
Thanks to Automageddon
steeboo (21-01-2014)
Old 21-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #43
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

People don't do that though they just post their thing regardless, breaking up interesting conversations on one subject to interject with whatever they think is important that day, even if it's some spammy video about some shitty jam they did that day or whatever.
Old 21-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #44
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75628939

Quote:
So instead of just re-opening an already-existing thread you suggest we create a new group where we can have smaller threads?

It's not about getting rid of the new hardware section, I personally like, but I think re-opening the old hardware-thread would be the best thing to do, all the regular posters on this section miss that, having to create a thread every single time just kills it.
The hardware thread would be a place for random snippets of conversation, if it develops into something more, then we just ask the participant to make their own thread.
Exactly. Why take away all the fun deliberately? the subforum is for all the dry facts and people looking for info, the banter goes into the hw thread.

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks
Old 21-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #45
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

How ironic, it seems you were the first person to derail the thread. 3rd post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeboo View Post
I would recommend a laptop
Old 21-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #46
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
How ironic, it seems you were the first person to derail the thread. 3rd post.
I really don't understand how that comment derailed the thread. A laptop is a piece of hardware, and someone was asking advise on a versatile setup to make any type of genre. We didn't knew then that the hardware thread would become that place.

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #47
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.

There's plenty of other banter threads, why closing the only one I really loved?

As I said, the new HW forum layout works well, but I feel the need of a more open thread, for HW pub-style banter.

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #48
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

I think you're taking this all a little bit too seriously tbh.
I did like how when the new Elektron machine was announced people started to make separate threads for it rather than just use the Elektron one though.
Old 21-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #49
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

I DID use the Elektron one though, see, I'm a good boy!

------------------
Thanks to Automageddon
lolirl (21-01-2014)
Old 21-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #50
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
There's plenty of other banter threads, why closing the only one I really loved?

As I said, the new HW forum layout works well, but I feel the need of a more open thread, for HW pub-style banter.
Really? Do you? I heard you the first two times tbh.
Old 21-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #51
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

Then it means I did enough brown-nosing already, you can go ahead and re-open the thread now.

:-)

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #52
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

What has happened to you lolirl? thought we were all hw buddies.

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #53
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

Fuck off.
Old 21-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #54
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

Well, at least we now have a new thread for the banter (this thread)

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #55
Benwaa

can we just leave it a coupe of weeks before we carry on with this going round in circles over and over and over. the section is only been up just over a week or nearly 2. the closed thread it says lolirl is working on what to do with the thread and how to move any info out of there, that's a mammoth task. so let's just leave it as it is for now please and give us people with lives outside of the forum to fit stuff in to get it sorted somehow when we can

Advertisements

Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
steeboo (21-01-2014)
Closed Thread