Anyone own or use a QuNexus Keyboard?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 20-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 11210
Anyone own or use a QuNexus Keyboard?

So i was looking for a keyboard that has great expressive abilities along the lines of what a roli seaboard does, but nowhere near that price. I found the qunexus which was nice and small, had touch sensitive keys, and was kind of like seaboard idea to be able to add expression with pressure, pitch bend the keys, etc. at only 150, it seems like a decent little controller. Plus it could hook up to my ipad, so i could use it on the go.

Anyone use it who could tell me if its worth it? I heard the quneo was pretty bad, but ive been hearing good things about the qunexus.

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
SunkLo
SunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MCSunkLo is a savage MC
MC Status: 132350
Re: Anyone own or use a QuNexus Keyboard?

What was wrong with the QuNeo? I was considering buying one.

I initially thought the QuNexus had XY sensitive pads but I guess it's just aftertouch and tilt. 3 dimensional keys would be really nice. You could chain a couple together for pretty cheap.
SunkLo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10534501

I wanted a QuNexus for my modular but was then put off because it is USB powered, the whole idea of using my modular was to keep my off the PC so i don't want to power up my PC every time i want to use QuNexus with modular so i dropped the idea of getting one.

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
D_Davis
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 11124485
Thanked 1,136 Times in 828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
I wanted a QuNexus for my modular but was then put off because it is USB powered, the whole idea of using my modular was to keep my off the PC so i don't want to power up my PC every time i want to use QuNexus with modular so i dropped the idea of getting one.
I use an iPhone/iPad wall charger to power mine.

------------------
D_Davis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10534501

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis View Post
I use an iPhone/iPad wall charger to power mine.
Yes Good idea but when my whole modular takes up just one wall wart it breaks my heart sparing one for 1 tiny keyboard. You can buy modules that have USB-in id probably look at that option.

Advertisements

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote