Less Messy Resampling Techniques?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
Ceretops
Minor Glitch
Ceretops will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Icon5 Less Messy Resampling Techniques?

So as we all know resampling is a good thing. however, whenever i start doing it iI allways end up with like 50 tracks and it gets hard to manuever around. any one have any efficient ways to keep resampling speedy and clean?

Advertisements

Ceretops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Culprate- Nothing
Old 03-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: Less Messy Resampling Techniques?

resampling isn't a good thing, its just something you can do that could have good outcomes.

resampling everything sounds tedious and slow. depending on your DAW, just make groups, resample group/original group, something like that. maybe have an idea about what you want to resample and where it might be going in your tune.

color code and use symbols for things like RESnr_001 (resampled) Snr_001 (og).
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538280
Thanked 6,947 Times in 4,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceretops View Post
So as we all know resampling is a good thing. however, whenever i start doing it iI allways end up with like 50 tracks and it gets hard to manuever around. any one have any efficient ways to keep resampling speedy and clean?
Wouldn't you have had fifty MIDI tracks anyway...I don't get how resampling would be more messy than the MIDI version of your project?

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Ceretops
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Wouldn't you have had fifty MIDI tracks anyway...I don't get how resampling would be more messy than the MIDI version of your project?
sometimes i resample because once i make a sound in massive or whatever, its nice to timestrech it and add different envelopes. Theres alot more flexibility with an audio file than a midi file.
Currently Listening To: Fiona Apple
Old 03-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
Ceretops
Minor Glitch

Thank you man, thats a good idea. I would hit the "thank you" button but i just joined yesterday and i cant find it
Old 04-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
1=1?
Knob Twiddler
1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of
The Bay
MC Status: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceretops View Post
Thank you man, thats a good idea. I would hit the "thank you" button but i just joined yesterday and i cant find it
Thanks button and currently listening to seem buggy.
1=1? is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #7
kryptolith
Barely Legal
kryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MC
Winnipeg
MC Status: 20506287

right click track > freeze track > flatten
kryptolith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
Dctx_overdose
Regular Freak
Dctx_overdose is currently spamming hard
Raccoon city, Texas.
MC Status: 10

I don't know much about it but I hear a lot about frequency splitting. So I figure make a sound focusing on the mids, then create an instrument rack (in ableton at least) and duplicate the current synth twice. Then I adjust the duplicates to fit your high and low needs, and in each separate instrument add effects so you have a nice layered synth in one track. Then resample and do what you want with them!

I find it works good to keep your tracks clean and a little faster. Hope it helps you!

Advertisements

Dctx_overdose is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote