Occulus Rift Pre-Orders start today - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #21
SiaGarcia
Learning The Ropes
SiaGarcia is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Occulus Rift Pre-Orders start today

I have already get my Oculus, it is amazing.

Advertisements

SiaGarcia is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #22
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiaGarcia View Post
I have already get my Oculus, it is amazing.
It is amazing and I like the spam... (trying to speake like the Borat)

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:38 PM   #23
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42391499
Thanked 5,150 Times in 3,355 Posts

I'd forgotten about this thread.

Its emerging that one of the big problems with VR headsets is nausea because of the eyes/ears/balance disconnect.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #24
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 22010

I want to wait until I can run my own headphones on one of these before I buy one (I need to bring my PC up to date a bit too, but I'm getting a GTX 1070 next month, so that won't be an issue for long). I know at least one of them talked about being able to fold away or remove earpieces at one point so you could do it, but if I'm not mistaken, neither of them do that yet. I've got AKGs that just beg to be used this way, what with the soundstage and all.
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:32 PM   #25
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744033641
Thanked 7,324 Times in 4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
I'd forgotten about this thread.

Its emerging that one of the big problems with VR headsets is nausea because of the eyes/ears/balance disconnect.
I've played on the Vive a bit and let me say it depends on the person and the game combination, and when you get it, it's not just like a bit of nausea, it's really fucking weird to experience G-force symptoms when no g-force is being applied to your body. Man, playing a very basic flying game for a while, absolutely no problems, then at some point I did a loop-the-loop and it felt like my skull was not only being pulled in a direction it wasn't, but it also felt like it was being inflated rapidly. It's a game-stopper when that happens.

Same thing can happen when any game crashes and all of a sudden the expected response goes and you turn your head only for your vision to stay the same, it's weird and unnerving and can make you feel like you're going to fall over for a sec.

However, it's not enough to put me off the technology. Project Cars for example is infinitely improved (and easier to play) in VR.
I'm sure some clever dude will figure something out to improve it.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Roo Stercogburn (06-06-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 07:26 AM   #26
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42391499
Thanked 5,150 Times in 3,355 Posts

I'm still getting lots of mixed reports on nausea reactions to VR headsets from friends, colleagues, friends-of-friends, etc.

I recall though a lot of people have bad reactions to FPS games, even without VR, and some can't play racing games without bonnet-view and face straight forward. I bet these are the people that are most susceptible.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:41 AM   #27
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

I think it comes down to getting used to it. I get the same feeling when flying my drone in first person view using goggles. I keep trying to move my body and head to compensate and it felt really strange in the beginning.
I also saw a developer guide that was made to help devs design their games in a way that this is reduced by limiting the way the camera moves. Aparently rolls (left/right) are some of the worse movements to cope with when using VR goggles.

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to professurreal
lolirl (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #28
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 163010
Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,955 Posts

I definitely want to fly a VR spitfire and shoot down luftwaffle fokkers.

Advertisements

thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
lolirl (07-07-2016)