Kneqebröd - Reaktor kick drum synth
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
nitro2k01
Minor Glitch
nitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8551
Kneqebröd - Reaktor kick drum synth

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I got inspired by the kick drum synthesis tutorial, so I sat down in Reaktor and made... A kick drum synth. This is just a beta version and it's a bit quirky, so I'll start with a list of known bugs:
  • Doesn't care about the pitch of the note you're playing, only the base pitch. (Will be added at some point.)
  • Doesn't care about the velocity of the notes you're playing. (Will be added, but I need suggestions on what the velocity should be able to control.)
  • When you open the plugin, the amp envelope is triggered once. This will also happen if you don't play a note for over 9000 seconds.
  • Some of the parameters work in "weird" ways. These are marked with quotation marks.
Overview of the signal routing:

Pitch - Here you can assign the initial base pitch as well as two envelopes. The base pitch is also printed in Hz for convenience. The two envelopes run in parallel so you can use one for a short envelope and the other one for longer, but less deep modulation. There also a graph of the envelopes.

Then a ramp is produced which is used to create the three sines, the fundamental and two harmonics which can be used to add flavour to the sound. (f, 2*f, 3*f)

The volume section is self explanatory except for the "Decay" knob which has funky looking values, but turning it to the right will indeed produce a longer decay.

The fake equalizers are in fact volume modulation based on the current pitch. "P" controls the center fcequency. "Gain" controls the gain - 0=unchanged, -1=cancelled out, 1=double the volume and so on. "Q" controls the width of the "band" where "gain" is allowed to operate. 0=Any frequency. This might need reconsideration. Drive distorts the band in question slightly. Solo allows you to solo the selected band.

Foldback
is a simple foldback distortion that operates on the summed signal. BP=breakpoint, lower value means more distortion. Shape: 1=unchanged. 0=clip. -1=fully folded back.

Real EQ
provides two actual parametric equalizers.

Again, remember that this is a beta version. Comments and suggestions make me heart warm.

Advertisements

------------------
nitro2k01 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Fler
Minor Glitch
Fler is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Kneqebröd - Reaktor kick drum synth

Legend mate! Been thinking of doing the same thing in MaxMSP lately for my first assignment with Max at uni. Might just have to go about doing that now
Fler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
lillosnx
Learning The Ropes
lillosnx is currently spamming hard

Very interesting. I always wanted a synth only for the kick. I dont know how to make synths in reaktor but from what I understand the key is to have fast envelopes with adjustable curves.
lillosnx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Dogbreath
Average sad cunt.
Dogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MCDogbreath is a savage MC
Edingurgh
MC Status: 22404

Does it also sound like Knegebröd?

------------------
Dogbreath is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
adlcrew
Learning The Ropes
adlcrew is currently spamming hard
BS

very very interesting!!
adlcrew is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
icn
icn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MCicn is a savage MC
K - Town / Ros Comáin
MC Status: 226437

Will check it out. Rep'd!

------------------
icn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
Junket
Savage Mad Cunt
Junket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MCJunket is a savage MC
Seattle/LA
MC Status: 5031597

^ same
Junket is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #8
Cooper_Brown
Learning The Ropes
Cooper_Brown is currently spamming hard
Brighton

This is actually very impressive imo, was just googling for pith env in reaktor and I came across it.
Cooper_Brown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 02:06 AM   #9
Geelist
IDMf Artist
Geelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MCGeelist is a savage MC
MC Status: 215309

This is great!

Thanks for sharing
Geelist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
nitro2k01
Minor Glitch
nitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond reputenitro2k01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfear View Post
Hi, I would like to try it, but i can't download, could someone send me the ens by mail maszy1.0 at gmail.com
Hello. There's nothing wrong with the link, but you apparently need to be logged in to the forum to see the links. And now that you have an account the link should work fine.

------------------
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
maxfear
Learning The Ropes
maxfear is currently spamming hard

I know but I have to wait tomorrow! now I'm with protools and reaktor opened searching for a kick synth plugin from hours I can't wait!!! please if u can send pleeeeeease if not I will wait
maxfear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #12
nitro2k01
Minor Glitch

What the hell are you talking about? Just click the link. You're not going to get it faster if someone sends an e-mail to you.

------------------
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
maxfear
Learning The Ropes
maxfear is currently spamming hard

ok don't mind just downloaded and trying thanks!
maxfear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #14
eenmalig101
Learning The Ropes
eenmalig101 is currently spamming hard

looks nice! thanks
eenmalig101 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #15
folic
Learning The Ropes
folic is currently spamming hard
Chicago
Icon6 Re: Kneqebröd - Reaktor kick drum synth

dayummm cannot wait to get this. last drum synth i used was drumazon which doesn't really translate to well through ableton

Advertisements

folic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote