Good books on MIDI?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
statisticquill
Ghostly
statisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond repute
Calgary
MC Status: 7510
Good books on MIDI?

I've realized recently that although I rely on MIDI data in pretty much all my projects, I don't have a very good understanding of what's actually going on.

Does anyone know of good books on the subject? I basically want to be able to just open up a project in Logic and then use MIDI data to program all sorts of parameters on my microkorg, for example I might be sequencing the MicroKorg with logic and sending midi data to the microkorg to automate other parameters, like filter cutoff. Any good resources for this kind of stuff?

EDIT: Right after posting this I found "The MIDI Manual" By David Miles Huber, which actually looks like exactly what I was looking for.
If anyone else has other suggestions though I'd love to hear them.

Last edited by statisticquill; 06-04-2013 at 06:14 PM..

Advertisements

statisticquill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
PercptionOne
Purr Sept Ion Won
PercptionOne has a spectacular aura aboutPercptionOne has a spectacular aura aboutPercptionOne has a spectacular aura about
Binghamton NY
MC Status: 210
Re: Good books on MIDI?

Hello there,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This link is a google search on "Midi Data Book" the first hit is a PDF file you can download and read. There is also the book you said you found , the midi manual and also lots more , heres another one for example , [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Check it out and don't forget , google is your friend!

Advertisements

PercptionOne is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PercptionOne
statisticquill (06-04-2013)