[Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Dream's Horizon
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 05-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #1
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler
Kyrpto is a jewel in the roughKyrpto is a jewel in the roughKyrpto is a jewel in the roughKyrpto is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
[Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Dream's Horizon

This is the latest song that I'm working on. I'm thinking about cutting out some parts. Either that or enhanced them to add to the groovy-ness of the song.

Mastered:

Last edited by Kyrpto; 06-07-2017 at 03:54 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Dream's Horizon.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
Mario D
Knob Twiddler
Mario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant future
Croatia
MC Status: 1560
Re: [Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Dream's Horizon

This is really great. If I'm gonna be overly critical I would say beats sounds dry, probably coz of snare for this kind of melodic background.
I like this one dude, could listen to it in the background while gaming.

------------------
wata faaak
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Well done mate nice track you got over there its has nice vibe and helps to relax
The claps you used at the begining sound a bit dry try to add reverb for them i reccomend vahala room for that
But good job any way
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #4
hellscion
Banned
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357073

that is some type of EDM style,

it's good i'm just not sure what in the song is supposed to really stand out to me..
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
TheHammockCrew
Learning The Ropes
TheHammockCrew is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Interesting sound man. I can groove to it. If I had to recommend something it would be to occasionally add a drum break to give the beat a little bit of breathing room, and make it have a little extra bounce. Overall I enjoyed it.
TheHammockCrew is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:53 AM   #6
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler
Kyrpto is a jewel in the roughKyrpto is a jewel in the roughKyrpto is a jewel in the roughKyrpto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
This is really great. If I'm gonna be overly critical I would say beats sounds dry, probably coz of snare for this kind of melodic background.
I like this one dude, could listen to it in the background while gaming.
Dry as in it needs more efx and eq?

------------------
Old 05-23-2017, 06:54 AM   #7
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammockCrew View Post
Interesting sound man. I can groove to it. If I had to recommend something it would be to occasionally add a drum break to give the beat a little bit of breathing room, and make it have a little extra bounce. Overall I enjoyed it.
Notated!

------------------
Old 05-23-2017, 06:28 PM   #8
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

Sounds good. I feel like when that arp isn't playing the top end of the mix is a little lacking and could be filled out a bit. Nothing dramatic but maybe you can try adding some "Ear Candy" plucks? By that mean some sort of high plucks that don't really stand out in the mix but are there to fill it out.

Then again I'm listening on ear buds so I might be out to lunch but the rest of the mix sounds super clean. I really like your hats and the percussion in general.

Great track. Reminds me of some curious blend of tropical house and like, early '00s trance!

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #9
Mario D
Knob Twiddler
Mario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant future
Croatia
MC Status: 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Dry as in it needs more efx and eq?
Maybe its just my taste. They sounded to crisp and clean to me. Probably touch of reverb somewhere and lower the eq on some mayor parts where you lifted it up possibly in your equilizer, example snare.

------------------
wata faaak
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:06 PM   #10
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1826677

Nice clean musical track. Certainly not breaks. But as you say ging to break it up etc.

Get some glitching and modulation effects on your instruments.
Grunge up the drums, overdrive, glitch and edits.

AS is nice track, just flows in the background. Needs some elements of nice dirty nasty breakage.

As is more soundtrack and easy listening progressive electronica which is not a bad thing.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:07 AM   #11
Rvrsal
Minor Glitch
Rvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 910

Love the progressive nature of the track, a lot of really cool intertwining melodies to give a great overall feel! The melodies and the arps sound really great!

Like a few people I mentioned I think the drums might not be the strongest part of the track. My issue is not so much with sequencing itself but more the way they sound. I'm thinking the samples might sound a bit generic and the drums could use some bus compression to help them move together a bit more. The Hi-hat is a bit harsh as well (weirdly enough de-essing sometimes helps). I really like the grooves though and I think the composition fits the track well. I'm sure a little more mixing could help them stand out!

Overall, track sounds great, would just keep at it on the drums a bit.

Cheers,
Rvrsal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #12
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Made some changes based on some of the feedback here. Let me know if the return to the into at the end makes any sense or connects well. Thanks!

------------------
Old 05-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #13
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1826677

Much better. Drums have more bite and prescence. Nice work.
Top end/volume on drums is a tad high on my rig, sounds like a little to much harmonics going on. But that is hyper critical. Much better.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:59 AM   #14
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 6160

Really great. I forgot what I was listening to. Definitely synth wave at times. I thought of "miami nights"

nice job.

Only listened to revised btw.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:56 AM   #15
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Okay made a 2nd revision and added a pluck chord progression at the 2:47 mark to make the drop fuller. It doesn't sound as clean so let me know if I should revert back or not.

------------------
Old 05-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #16
Rvrsal
Minor Glitch
Rvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to behold

Loving the changes to the track, the synth around 1:25 works a lot better than the heavy one you had before. the drums also sound much tighter and alive!

One little thing you could do to emphasize the drop at 2:50 is automate the level of all your reverbs and send effects down to create a pre-drop void kind of thing. Might add some extra energy for when everything comes back in!
Old 06-07-2017, 03:55 AM   #17
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Song is mastered and completed!

------------------
Old 06-09-2017, 01:55 AM   #18
Rvrsal
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Song is mastered and completed!
Great job on the final version, really loving it! Great to hear someone who was able to take constructive criticism and use it to perfect his track, it's not an easy skill to learn!

Great job on the track anyhow, looking forward to your future stuff
Old 06-09-2017, 02:37 AM   #19
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvrsal View Post
Great job on the final version, really loving it! Great to hear someone who was able to take constructive criticism and use it to perfect his track, it's not an easy skill to learn!

Great job on the track anyhow, looking forward to your future stuff
Thanks! It's unbelievable how much I learn from the posters on this forum.

Advertisements

------------------